This is a brilliant opportunity for a switched on and experienced payroll coordinator to work with our external payroll provider, Hoople, to deliver a timely and accurate payroll for our UK employees.
If you love working with systems and have an analytical mind this role could be perfect for you.
You will be joining a forward-thinking and proactive People team in a role with lots of opportunities for career progression.
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
The Payroll and Rewards Analyst works in close collaboration with the Head of HR, the HR team, our Business Systems team and our Finance colleagues and is a very important and highly valued role.
(This list is not exhaustive and if you are passionate about payroll and reward and the work we do at Haymarket then we would be keen to hear from you regardless of whether you meet all of the criteria below as we offer development and coaching opportunities).
- Complete the monthly payroll by updating the HRIS ( Business World Unit 4) with the necessary changes and liaising with our external payroll provider, to deliver an accurate monthly payroll
- Complete the data processing for timesheets, bonuses and commission
- Manage sickness payments including the Group Income Protection Scheme
- Ensure that our policies and processes relating to pay are adhered to
- Manage the relevant payroll administration in relation to childcare vouchers, cycle to work and nursery benefits
- Build and maintain a positive relationship with our external payroll providers, Hoople
- Produce payment schedules for maternity and shared parental leave
- Be the ambassador for our HRIS ensuring that our employees understand how to use the self serve applications and our managers are fully up to speed with their responsibilities within it
- Working with our Business Systems team to ensure that upgrades and improvements are fit for purpose and that the HR team are fully utilising the systems capabiliites
- Working alongside our Recruitment Manager and HR Apprentice, ensure the New Starter process is seamless and all relevant documentation has been received and updated where necessary
- Management of the right to work process including the running of right to work audits
- Manage the whole employee lifecycle
- Assist and support with benefit queries
- Running reports and analysis to help with HR metrics
- Answering any initial queries as well as taking responsibility for the generic HR inbox as/when required responding to all employee administration queries or delegating tasks to the appropriate HR team member.
- Assisting with HR projects as/when required
- To be an ambassador for the wider HR team
- Keep up to date with systems and legislation changes that impact payroll deliver and manage any required changes.
The successful candidate will need to have the following:
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience in working with external payroll providers
- Experience of using HR and payroll systems
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Natural curiosity
- Highly organised
- Experience of using Unit 4 - Business World though this is not essential as training will be provided.
We are Haymarket
We’re hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There’s time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 11-3)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family-friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we’ve therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, Haymarket is inherently multicultural. Globally we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole. We will use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets.
As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.