Our client is one of the biggest names in their European and UK market by some distance. They are growing hugely and are on a key digital transformation journey.
Our client is always interested in talented people to join their team. Because their employees are so
important, they treat them properly. They try to make working for them rewarding in every sense,
including a positive work environment, training and development opportunities as well as exciting
Our client is currently building a new People function and have made great progress in the last year. As the business grows and matures, so too does the People function. They now have a number of
business partner opportunities covering a range of business areas and customer groups that span
operations, logistics, professional support services, tech and digital teams.
They offer plenty as part of their overall reward package too:
* Hybrid working
* Generous annual bonus scheme opportunity
* Private medical Insurance
Access to company rewards which provides online and store discounts with a range of retailers
Other benefits too such as great deals on new cars, cycle to work, eye car scheme and more.
This is all coupled with their strong values and behaviours as well.
* Through great partnering with Senior Leaders and their teams, provide high quality leadership of all strategic people related activity to enable the business to achieve its strategy and objectives and our overall people goal and culture.
* Influence the ongoing effectiveness of designated Senior Leaders and their teams
* Identify overall people trends and insights (from quantitative and qualitative sources) in your
* business area (s) and drive improvements across key business and people metrics through the
* effective development and delivery of local people plans (which dovetail with the wider business
* plan and wider UK people plan)
* Working with the wider People team, input into the design of the business wide people plan and lead the consistent implementation of any business wide people initiatives / interventions in their business area(s)
* Lead / facilitate the development and enable the implementation of all organisation design and change in their business areas
* Lead the focus on improving people capability and engagement with Senior Leaders in their business areas focused on talent management, succession, development, performance, culture, comms, recognition, reward etc
* Be the guardian of the leadership succession plan and the overall leadership development plan for your business area (including behavioural and technical development) liaising with the L&D team as required to ensure there is on ongoing pipeline of leaders to drive the business forwards
* Lead the focus on identifying future capability and resourcing requirements and plans for their business areas and support the selection and on-boarding of senior leaders ensuing the right level of capability is recruited
* Partner Senior Leaders on sensitive / high risk ER cases, e.g. disciplinaries, settlement agreements, tribunal claims and provide some pragmatic support on other ER cases as required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.