* Take responsibility for driving the year round planning process. This includes working closely with managers and senior managers to understand the resourcing requirements.
* Proactively monitor resourcing levels against budgets, challenging where resource requests exceed budgeted allocation.
* Actively participate in regular Resourcing meetings with the People Leaders and with the local Resourcing teams.
* Understand Headcount planning and the need for any additional staff. Proactively communicate with the Resourcing Manager on any issues and concerns.
* Manage holiday requests in conjunction with the agreed policy, approving holiday where appropriate.
* Monitor sickness/absence level highlighting issues as appropriate.
* Manage on-boarding of all new joiners.
* Training - advising on training bookings, dealing with cancellations and issues as they arise; develop and promote an understanding of the training requirements.
* Experience in a resource management environment is desirable
* Good commercial awareness of the business issues that drive resourcing
* Confidence to challenge when necessary at all levels.
* Strong influencing skills to obtain resources for projects both at very short notice and in advance
* An excellent negotiator who is able to build relationships in a wider network
* Strong multi-tasking skills with excellent judgment to work within potentially competing demands.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.