Full-time: 36.75 hours per week
Salary: £31,316 per annum
About the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high-quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
The position is located in the Human Resources (HR) Section within the European Service Delivery Hub in London, which is responsible for providing a wide range of Human Resources programs and client service functions to a broad clientele across 21 countries in the European region.
The position offers support to the Human Resources Department assisting the HR Advisors in relation to recruitment, HR policy enquiries, and maintaining HR documentation and personnel records. This position additionally provides support to the Payroll Advisor with routine payroll processing for London, Vienna and Dublin.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver recruitment services across the Europe Region, including administering the e-recruitment (ATS) system, advertising vacancies, screening applications and scheduling interviews
- Prepare for and deliver on-boarding and induction processes for new employees
- Respond to routine HR queries raised by employees and managers in accordance with approved policy and procedures
- Support the HR Advisors in administering the performance management scheme and associated learning & development programme across the European region
- Assist in preparing and processing payroll using the SAP HR system and other systems as applicable. This includes processing new starters, leavers, pay adjustments, tax and pension entitlements for UK based staff, as well as supporting the administering the outsourced payroll solutions for Dublin and Vienna.
- Support the HR Advisors in monitoring shared mailboxes and employee tracking spreadsheets for upcoming deadlines and deliverables
- Maintain filing and record keeping of human resources documentation, including filing documentation on personnel files, and updating relevant HR Management Information Systems including SAP HR and OSP (PeopleSoft)
- Process supplier invoice payments using the High Commission’s online payments application
- Administer and issue Certificates of Sponsorship in accordance with the High Commission’s sponsorship licence
- Prepare and respond to routine correspondence
- Ad-hoc duties as required
Qualifications / Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient administration and organisational skills as well as being able to collate information for reporting purposes
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage a varied workload is essential
- Proven aptitude for numerical reasoning
- Prior experience working in a professional, client-focused office environment
- Level 3 (foundation) HR qualification or equivalent level experience
- Experience using HRMIS software such as SAP HR or Oracle
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel up to an intermediate level
Please address each of the selection criteria for the role in the spaces provided on the application form. Drawing on your prior experience, please provide examples of where you have demonstrated the required competencies or transferable skills.
The word limit is strictly 250 words per response. The panel will not assess responses that exceed the word limit.
A. Experience in the delivery of high-quality recruitment and selection services including the provision of advert drafting, applicant tracking system (ATS) management, interview coordination, offer management and on-boarding of employees.
B. Demonstrated ability to show initiative, exercise sound judgement, and contribute at all levels to the success of the HR function in a small team environment.
C. Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
D. The professional confidence and communication skills (verbal and written) to build relationships, provide exceptional customer service, and enhance the reputation of the HR section as a partner to the various strategic business units.
E. Proficient IT and data processing skills, with demonstrated experience in processing and maintaining accurate and timely HR and/or payroll records in accordance with legislative requirements and internal compliance procedures.