Learning and Development Manager
£29,259 per annum
Permanent Full Time – 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 27th October
Our client have an exciting new opportunity for a Learning and Development Advisor to join their organisation and develop and implement their learning and development strategy.
The role of the Learning and Development Advisor
- Develop and deliver the learning and development strategy for the organisation
- Ensure that our management development programme delivers a comprehensive framework for developing our managers
- Partner with their external trainers, ensuring they deliver the right solution
- Manage the learning and development budget
- Line manage the training administrator, coaching and supporting them with their day-to-day role and development
- Ensure that their training and human resources systems and any associated correspondence is managed in an accurate, timely and professional way
- Track, analyse and take accountability for our key performance indicators that relate to training
- Own and develop their training policies to ensure they are in line with current legislation and support their working practices
- Work as part of the team to actively identify process improvements and better ways of working which will contribute to their key performance indicators
About Our Client
They are a homeless housing association, offering supported accommodation in Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Berkshire and West Sussex for those who are homeless, vulnerable or in need of support. They will provide you with a full and enjoyable training plan from the beginning of your journey with them. They are committed to ensuring that you have the tools and the knowledge necessary to do your job effectively.
Our Clients Values
Integrity – Honesty and trust are central to integrity.
Resilience – The capacity to adapt in the face of challenging circumstances whilst maintaining a stable mental wellbeing.
Empowering – Given the right training and guidance, people can make their own decisions in the workplace. They support clients to make informed life choices putting them in control of their futures.
Inclusive – They positively welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness or of accessing support services.
Proactive – Taking responsibility for your life and actions. They encourage you to take the initiative.
Attributes and Values
The ideal candidate for this Learning and Development Advisor role will have the following:
- CIPD qualified, or equivalent qualification through experience
- Experience developing and implementing training programmes
- Knowledge of various training methods including coaching, workshops, classroom training, mentoring and e-learning programmes
- Ability to track the performance of training reports and recommend strategies for staff engagement and improvement
- An excellent communicator with the ability to interact at any level
- IT literate with experience of working with training solutions
- A good understanding and use of Microsoft 365 is desirable
- Customer focussed with a strong attention to detail
- Organised, with the ability to work to prioritise and juggle
- Experience of managing management information and working to key performance indicators
- Experience of managing others