HR Advisor 12 month contract based in East London
Your new company
A HR Advisor is required on a contract basis for 12 months for a Manufacturing company based in East London.
The role will involve partnering with Directors and line managers to align HR initiatives with business objectives and strategy. You will shape, develop and deliver HR plans and solutions in line with the needs of the business.
You will advise, guide and support Directors, managers and employees by providing high level people management and development support across business functions.
Your new role
* Building trusted relationships with key stakeholders and leaders and Providing generalist HR advice and guidance to directors, managers and employees, support the business in dealing with complex casework, performance attendance and employee relations issues.
* Advising and guiding directors and managers on employment matters; influencing management and leadership around the people issues to support business performance.
* Identifying HR priorities from departmental plans, translating business requirements into effective HR practices and delivering people solutions aligned to business objectives
* Delivering key HR initiatives across the HR spectrum, including workforce planning, resourcing, talent management, pay and reward, employee relations and employee engagement.
* Involvement with restructure, redundancies and retirements following the correct legal processes and procedures.
* Analysing and reporting HR information to support with benchmarking and the development of HR pay and benefits strategies and solutions.
* Maintain a clear understanding and provide up to date information of the legal framework within which Operates. Developing HR policies in line with current legislation and keeping abreast of HR processes/procedures and best practice.
* Supporting the development and implementation of the UK's pay and reward strategy e.g., through support with pay discussions, operation of annual performance review and bonus allocation process.
* Cover Payroll during the Payroll Specialist's absence, processing the payroll to ensure employees are paid on time and correctly.
* Developing HR Strategies, Policies and Practices.
* Monitoring work patterns and shift work on a monthly basis.
* Involvement with recruitment initiatives both internally and externally for relevant departments.
* Assisting with new HR/Benefits programmes as appropriate.
* Lead on Secondments, reward and employee recognition, apprenticeship levy, advising and managing end to end process
* Keeping in-line with GDPR requirements and processes.
* Coaching and mentoring directors and managers through all HR related people requirements, delivering training in disciplinary and grievance and any other HR related training as required.
* Thorough knowledge of shared Maternity/Paternity processes, understanding full requirements of pay and payroll processes advising both managers and individuals on company policy.
What you'll need to succeed
Demonstrable experience of working within HR Advisor role, preferably in manufacturing industry. With ideally Recruitment and Talent Management experience as well as HR Policy Development experience.
In addition, a thorough understanding of running payroll and required process using ADP system and working on a Flexible Benefits Portal. A good understanding of various responsibilities within a HR function (e.g., Learning & development, reward, compensation and benefits).
With demonstrable experience working in a complex matrix organisation, you will be adaptable and dynamic. With strong communication skills you will have excellent stakeholder management and be highly capable of building and maintaining relationships across all levels of the organisation and enjoy working in a team. You will be organised and results driven and highly adaptable with a focus on achieving results and meeting deadlines
What you'll get in return
A 12 month contract that could lead to a permanent position
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.