At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by their community and users. They are constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development. Earlier this year Tonic Games, announced that it was joining the Epic Games family. Tonic Games is the development company behind the hit sensation, Fall Guys.
Reporting to the HR Lead Tonic Games; this role plays a key part in driving the success of Tonic Games Group as it continues to grow as an organisation across the UK and Spain. Tonic Games was acquired by Epic Games in March 2021 and is an integral part of the Epic team! With a population of 3,500 across 20 Studio's globally Epic continues to build and this role will support Tonic's integration into the Epic family further across UK (290 employees) and Spain (65 employees). The People Team is critical to how they support their people and deliver professional and friendly support. You will provide effective support across the full generalist remit as well as supporting the HR Lead in the implementation of a range of exciting People projects that help move their business forward in an exciting period of change.
* Support Change Management processes during ongoing integration of Tonic and Epic Games
* Acting as an advisor, coach and mentor to line managers on challenging employee relations matters as they arise
* HR Rep in disciplinary / grievance cases
* Implementing People & Culture projects and initiatives
* Running, assessing and improving existing initiatives in conjunction with Onboarding, Comp, Benefits and Morale teams
* Supporting employee lifecycle management processes such as onboarding, termination, personal data changes and internal transfers
* Ensuring that our people systems and administrative processes are efficient, effective and responsive
* Responsible for ensuring that documentation and permissions associated with global mobility are completed
* Support the biannual performance management process across the whole cycle from managing performance data to supporting managers through the calibration process.
Experience and Behaviours
* Solid HR Generalist/Partner experience gained within a fast paced, change orientated environment across the UK and either Spain or other European countries.
* Ability to build relationships with colleagues at all levels
* Good knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and practices in the UK
* Excellent time-management and prioritisation skills with strong attention to detail
* Flexible in approach; comfortable in managing through ambiguous situations and proactive in finding solutions when faced with an obstacle
* UK based experience essential with European experience helpful
* Strong numerical skills and comfortable handing data
* Possesses a high degree of personal integrity; is caring, fun and takes pride in what they do.
Salary & Benefits
* Quarterly bonus
* Fully extensive benefits package, generous annual leave and 2 x 1 week shut downs per year.
* Please note that due to the pandemic Epic will be working from home until September 2022
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.