A well-known London based National Health Service organisation is looking for an interim Learning and Development Manager to join them on an initial five to six month basis, with the potential to extend or go permanent.
The purpose of this role is to provide excellent management to the learning and development team, providing expert knowledge and implement multiple basics around training content and delivery.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Implement effective learning and development and apprentice strategies, policies, approaches and plans which meet Trust requirements and ensure the development of a skilled and competent workforce
- Support the creation of an apprenticeship career framework, enabling apprentices to progress in a range of career pathways enabling redesign of the existing workforce and maximising use of the levy
- Lead on the development, delivery and evaluation of opportunities for work experience, internships and placements
- Lead on the design and implementation of a new programme of in-house management training and development working closely with the senior team
- Support the development of line managers to improve their learning and development capability and capacity
- Manage the achievement of the Learning and Development Team’s Key Performance Indicators, namely Mandatory Training, Appraisal, and Induction compliance
- Ensure a coordinated approach to the identification of and response to development needs.
- Work with head of systems to oversee the management and development of the Trust’s learning management and e-learning systems as well as their integration with other workforce and IT systems
- Take a lead of on a range of continuous improvement key projects including but not limited to on boarding, training and development and appraisal quality
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of leading, coaching and building capability in learning and development
- Understanding of Apprentice Levy
- Experience in identifying training needs and delivering large-scale learning solutions
- Degree Level Education
- Learning and development qualification
- Desirable: Experience within an NHS setting
If you have relevant experience, skills, and qualifications, please submit your CV.