Who are we?
Baird is an independent and employee-owned financial services firm with more than $300 billion in client assets.
Founded in 1919, Baird has more than 4,500 associates and offices in Europe, Asia and the United States. We deliver investment banking, private equity and equity research services to institutions and corporations around the world.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 13 on the Fortune Magazine Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020, its seventeenth consecutive year on the list.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for HR Assistant to support a busy HR team in a highly impressive investment company based in the City of London.
You will get to work within the European HR team to deliver an efficient and effective service to associates by providing confidential administrative support and assistance on specific project workstreams.
This is an exciting role and will undoubtedly provide opportunities for you to develop your generalist HR toolkit within a demanding but supportive working environment. This role will give you a robust grounding in working in a fast-paced Financial Services firm. You will be exposed to all elements of the employee lifecycle.
If you are passionate about HR, have strong administrative background, excellent communication skills, and experience of working in a fast paced environment then we want to hear from you!
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Administer the recruitment process including liaising with recruitment agencies
- Arranging interviews, setting up testing, and chasing feedback
- Draft and issue offer packs
New Starters & Onboarding
- Manage the new starter process in accordance with the New Joiner Checklist, maintaining high levels of accuracy at all times, providing status updates and chasing new joiner information as required
- Ensure all new starters are set up on HR systems accurately and promptly
- Co-ordinate the on-boarding process for all employees
Training and Development
- Liaise with training providers to book effective training solutions
- Book CISI training courses & exams
- Update personal files with training course documentation
- Follow up training with course evaluations
Compensation & Benefits
- Drafting salary and bonus review letters
- Drafting promotion documentation
- Process Gift Matching requests in accordance with Company policy
Workday – HR Information System
- Respond to any Workday related queries
- Run ad hoc report requests
- Encourage self-service utilisation by associates
- Provide day to day HR administrative support to HR Team
- Process monthly departmental expenses via Concur
- Printing, scanning, and filing as and when required.
- Draft reference letters; post-employment references, visa references and mortgage/rent references
- Ensure that files are kept in accordance with GDPR regulations
- Act as a champion of HR systems and processes with the wider business
- Responsible for the reconciliation of HR invoices
Key Required Skills/Competencies
- High level of tenacity and a 'can do' attitude; A strong thinker with an enquiring mind, prepared to challenge the status quo
- Comfortable with high levels of administration
- Strong attention to detail
- Operationally focused, client centric and passionate in the value add of HR administration
- Shows the ability to work within a team and alone with one's own initiative
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and escalate areas of inefficiencies and risk to the wider HR team
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt personal style and approach as appropriate to meet the needs of the team, without compromising standards
- Well balanced in terms of energy; possessing a sense of urgency to work at pace, with enough patience to complete tasks with a high attention to detail
- Superior organisation, prioritisation and exceptional administrative skills
- Structured in approach but flexible enough to work in an ever-changing environment, comfortable working with ambiguity
- MS Office: Intermediate to advanced Excel and Word, with PowerPoint and Workday being desirable
- Graduate with minimum 2.1
- Minimum 6 months experience of working within a fast-paced professional services environment