Senior HR Manager
Develop our policies, enhance our talent acquisition and HR processes
Flexible Midlands Home Location
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. With a staff of 800 working flexibly from home and some 50 locations, we help support, house, educate, advise and speak out for more than 38,000 disadvantaged young people and adults every year.
This is an exciting time to join as we renew and change to transform the way we work, enhancing inclusion, diversity and ensuring a greater voice for our service users.
We have demonstrated very high resilience during Covid and are now working through the long term demands for agile working across a wide range of professionals. HR is playing a key role in shaping and delivering people based change projects that underpin strategy, drive improvement, maximise engagement and ensure effective consultation with staff groups and trade union representatives.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of HR and OD, this role is ideal for someone who relishes the broad challenges of delivering really efficient and organised HR processes, developing policy and projects that bring about change.
Leading a small team and working alongside our HR and L&D Business Partners, you will lead and develop our HR operations and processes across the employee lifecycle including;
- Deliver and improve our core HR based systems and procedures (Payroll, TUPE support, recruitment)
- Policy development (HR, workforce planning, reward and benefits etc.)
- Project management (volunteer engagement, gender pay/EDI etc…)
- HR reporting, exploiting our data and insights to create policy and drive change
We are looking for candidates with;
- Significant management experience of HR in large/diverse organisations
- Good knowledge of employment law (incl TUPE) and experienced in developing HR policy responses
- Experience in delivering HR change projects
- Experience in leading and developing teams that achieve and add value
- Effective planning and organisational skills to work to deadlines, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills to build relationships inside and outside Nacro
A competitive salary, flexibility to work from home base and the office and the chance to play a central role in shaping our way of working and our culture.
To apply, please send your CV to Bryan McPaul by clicking the apply button, or contact him on 07968 755 480 for an informal discussion.
Nacro is committed to promoting equality and diversity in all its activities.