- Have you ever wanted to craft your own role that truly has a seat at the leadership table?
- Do you relish a challenge where you can be a joint architect of a new era of working?
This is a unique opportunity and a brand new role created to partner a newly incumbent people focussed CEO and the leadership team.
A CEO who values purpose and people and sees HR as a true business partner who can work together to build a great organisation.
Pennine Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading privately owned manufacturers of single use, sterile medical devices and Custom Procedure Packs. Since our incorporation in 1963, the business has grown year on year. We market our products and services in over 50 countries worldwide and employ around 200 people at our purpose-built premises in Derby.
Culture is at the heart of Pennine Healthcare and earlier this year we celebrated our first ever employee ownership day, recognising Pennine Healthcare as one of the growing bands of forward-looking companies to set up an Employee Ownership Trust.
We need you to:
- Understand our people's behaviour and co-create our desired organisational culture. Align our people practices to our culture
- Develop and adopt different engagement approaches with our team to support the culture
- Assess which organisation design structures are most appropriate based on organisational need
- Support and enable change by developing and implementing change management approaches that align with our culture and business objectives
- Determine current and future capability needs of the organisation and implement a learning strategy and plan
- Use workforce planning data to inform resourcing strategy and approaches
- Design flexible approaches to succession and contingency planning for the organisation
- Implement reward approaches to attract, motivate and retain workers
- Develop and review our employee relations culture to be resolution-focused and improve business outcomes
- Review and implement an HR Information System
- Build a best-in-class people function, mentor and develop the HR team
Professional courage and influence
- Show courage to speak up and skilfully influence others to gain buy in
- Communicate with impact and make complex things clear
- Take a visible lead in progressing difficult issues for the benefit of the organisation
- Communicate the meaning and purpose of work to motivate and inspire people
- Enable managers and leaders to support others to be their best at work
- Coach, advise and build people management capability in the organisation
- Engage leaders and stakeholders in creating and sustaining a culture of wellbeing
Passion for learning
- Demonstrate curiosity and making the most of opportunities to learn, improve and innovate
- Foster a culture that encourages learning
- Build trust-based relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Coach and enable others to resolve conflict and build trust within teams and functions
What you must have:
- MCIPD qualification or Post Graduate qualification in Human Resources Management. (Consideration will be given to individuals with proven experience at or equivalent to Head of HR level)
- Experience of operating at a strategic level
- Up to date employment law knowledge
- Good IT skills, in Microsoft 365 applications
What we would like you to have:
- Coaching and / or leadership qualification
- Mediation and conflict management qualification and / or experience
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to build a legacy and make your mark on an organisation renowned for its innovative practices and vital to the success of our NHS and the healthcare sector.
- 25 holidays plus 8 bank holidays
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Life Insurance x3 (following successful completion of probationary period)
- Permanent Health Insurance
- The opportunity to be part of an Employee Ownership Trust and dividends from annual net profits.
- Potential flexible or hybrid working
- Company sick pay
- CIPD professional membership fees
- Mental Health First Aider support and training
- Opportunity to participate in local social responsibility projects
- Free car parking
Interested? To find out more about this role call Sarah Loates on 01332 890 345 or to apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that final stage selection interviews will be held for this role on Friday 19th November 2021 at Pennine Healthcare HQ, Derby.
We respectfully request no recruitment agencies please at this time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or age. In addition, during the various stages of recruitment, specific measures can be taken to ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities.