The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) is the independent safety and economic regulator for Britain's railways and the independent monitor of Highways England. We are here to ensure the network operates safely, reliably and provides value for taxpayers and customers.
At the heart of this is an outstanding HR team building the culture, capacity, capability and commitment of our people. The L&D Business partner post plays an integral part within the HR team.
A new role, the Learning and Development Business Partner will primarily lead the roll-out of a Learning Management System (LMS). In addition, the L&D Business Partner will assess organisational training needs and provide support, guidance, and advice to stakeholders within the business, on all L&D matters.
Your key responsibilities, although not exhaustive, will include:
• Overseeing the LMS implementation and roll out project.
• Working closely with the organisation to understand their training and development needs.
• Aligning L&D solutions with our business priorities.
• Proactively partnering with the organisation, assessing areas for improvement, and making suggestions for action.
• Ensuring that up-to-date documentation exists for internal procedures and monitoring adherence to these.
Assessing your application - The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the experience elements and behaviours set out below.
• Project management skills, particularly, experience of implementing a Learning Management System and ability to multi-task.
• Proven problem solving skills and ability to prioritise workload with great time management.
• Working successfully as a business partner at a senior level in an organisation providing professional advice to a range of stakeholders; influencing senior managers, directors and working in partnership with trade unions.
• A track record of working within an organisation (or organisations) to deliver effective, outcomes-focused L&D interventions and strategy.