Working with the Strategic Business Partnering team within the People and Culture Department of Plan International Inc (PII), the OD&D specialist will understand, develop, implement, and coordinate global practice and processes towards strategic workforce planning, organisational design, organisational capabilities and competencies, and employee engagement.
The role will gather and analyse data and insights and develop and implement framework for PII with approximately 10,000 global staff, and support effective organisational development programmes.
Key Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a methodology to aid strategic workforce planning and management in achieving PII’s 3-5-year strategic agenda through Country Offices (COs) and the Global Hub’s functional and technical portfolios (30%). The management of framework will involve:
- Development and implementation of a core suite of tools and guidelines to in meeting our current and future workforce needs from a quantity and quality perspective.
- Assessment and identification gaps where there may lack resources with the relevant experience and expertise.
- Development of strategic workforce plans based on existing and forecasted talent and capability gaps.
- Monitoring and setting accountability metrics to drive and maintain execution of workforce plans.
- Work with relevant organisational, technical and functional areas, as agreed, to develop and embed competency framework which identifies, builds, and sustains key organisational competence required (25%).
- Coordinate global employee engagement practice annually and support the strategic business partners in driving action planning and implementation in partnership with the Executive Directors and the Leadership team (15%).
- Utilise the core competency frameworks, people data and insights, PII’s strategic organisational design priorities to support the on-going evolution of PII operating model/s to achieve our Purpose and Strategy FY 22-27 (25%). For example:
- Organisational design principles and core suite of tools and processes to drive effectiveness through roles and structures, spans of control, matrix management in relevant technical and functional units.
- Regular audits of the organizational structure and recommendations to improve key people processes and practices in talent identification, acquisition, assessment.
- Support the Strategic Business Partners on organisational design and restructuring efforts, as required, and agreed.
- Work with Global Hub P&C teams to develop capability on OD efforts to support P&C and business strategy (5%).
Qualifications and experience
- Significant professional expertise and in depth knowledge acquired through professional qualifications, AAA understanding and substantial relevant experience in developing and embedding strategic workforce planning, organisational design, organisational capabilities and competencies, talent management and employee engagement processes.
- Fundamental understanding and experience of working in strategic and operational aspects of large, geographically dispersed, complex organisation and ability to plan and prioritise work within the context.
- Experience demonstrating strong influencing, collaboration and decision-making skills across various stakeholder teams to ensure alignment and drive progress toward a common business objectives.
- High level of attention to detail with an accurate, thorough and reliable approach, ability to plan and prioritise varied workload within tight deadlines but stay flexible. Must be able to demonstrate ability to meet strict deadlines & maintain high standards of work
- Understanding of change and design methodologies (desirable)
Competencies: leadership and business and management
Business and management:
- Organisational understanding - Purpose, priorities, values and approaches
- Strong people skills, including high levels of diplomacy and negotiation, and the ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills, including representing information visually.
- Building strong stakeholder relationships and engaging tactfully across cultures
- Able to do research and work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Time and task management, with professional and organised approach to delivery
Dimensions of the Role
- This role does not have any direct budget responsibility, although indirectly the role impacts the effectiveness and efficiency of our investments.
- Working with P&C Strategic Business Partners to support the Executive Directors of the Leadership Team, Global Hub’s Departments and Global Policies / Process Owners
- Partnership with functional and operational leaders of the global functions and processes, across Global Hub and Regional Hubs and National Organisations, where necessary
Level of contact with children
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction