Our Head Office HR team is now looking for an HR Employment Law Advisor. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small but hard-working, motivated and down to earth team.
As an HR Employment Law Advisor, you will cover a wide and diverse range of legal matters. You’ll provide first line Employment Law support to stakeholders in the development of policies and procedures that ensure our ongoing legal compliance. With your highly professional approach, you will demonstrate the knowledge, confidence, and skill to lead, influence and advise a range of stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Providing first line Employment Law advice to key stakeholders
- Supporting in the development of new and existing, policy, procedure and management tools
- Identifying, creating and reviewing standard letter templates and department letters
- Supporting the team with ACAS and employment tribunals
- Representing Employment Law in regional HR administration meetings
- Overseeing the Case Management tool and creating and interpreting the data, presenting the team with key statistics to support the department strategy
- Supporting in the upskilling of regional HR Admin teams and Employment Law Administrator
- Collaborate and support the HR department in the identification and mitigation of risk, both laws and regulations, including Company internal policies
- Participate in the identification, development and delivery of HR compliance projects to improve HR compliance and increase knowledge and awareness within the business
- Ad-hoc tasks as and when required
What you'll need
- Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in Employment Law
- Experience in Employment Law or HR management would be beneficial
- CIPD Level 5 with Employment Law module completed
- Exposure to project lifecycle, including planning and implementation
- Demonstrated policy and procedure development, ensuring stakeholder end user acceptance and compliance
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence stakeholders with strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience within a retail or hospitality environment would be advantageous
- High attention to detail
- Confident using Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- German language skills are beneficial, but not essential
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £34,000 with the potential to earn up to £38,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We’re making the final preparations and getting ready to move into our brand new head office, Lidl House, in Tolworth. It's light, spacious and has state of the art breakout spaces, an on-site barista and gym and much more, making it the perfect place to meet colleagues and achieve your potential. We’re expecting to move in before the end of the year and we can't wait for you join Lidl!
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.