Job Title: HR Director
Shaw Education Trust is a growing multi academy trust sponsored by Shaw Trust. We lead and manage academies in all phases, all sectors and in all communities.
They believe that every child should have the opportunity to be successful whatever their starting point. We pledge an unswerving commitment to improve, accelerate and enable ambitious life goals amongst all young people in their academies.
As a member of the Trust’s Executive Leadership team, to provide strategic and professional management of HR services across the Trust. The HR director role is fundamental to developing our culture, development, organisation and recruitment.
- Develop and implement a co-ordinated HR strategy across the Trust.
- Ensure the Trust is operating within a legally robust HR policy and procedural framework.
- Provide robust professional HR advice and management information to managers within the Trust.
- Development of a Trust wide HR strategy incorporating policies, resourcing, performance, pay and reward, equality and diversity, employee relations, consultation and terms and conditions which supports the Trust in delivering its corporate objectives.
- Development and regular review of appropriate HR policies and procedures in line with employment law and best practice and ensuring their effective operation in all academies.
- Provision of support, coaching and training to academy staff to enable them to deliver effective management of day to day employee relations issues such as discipline, absence, grievance and performance management in line with Trust policy, engaging with external providers for support as appropriate.
- Management of disciplinary/capability and grievance cases to ensure their swift and effective resolution.
- Development and implementation of a workforce plan which meets the overall strategic plan of the Trust including centralisation of services as required.
- Lead on the HR elements of change management as required to meet the workforce plans, including restructurings, redundancies and TUPE.
- Management and delivery of effective and efficient recruitment and selection processes which enable the Trust to secure the highest quality staff.
- Development and management of a cohesive and consistent performance management system which incorporates local schemes, that focuses on securing high performance across the workforce in support of school improvement.
- Management of Probation and Induction procedures across the Trust.
- To lead and develop a central HR team which serves the schools well, meets market needs and engages procurement.
- To create a service driven approach to HR, which is pro-active and re-active.
- To deliver a credible HR service across the Trust.
- To develop HR team members by enabling professional learning and growth.
- To drive consistently excellent team performance by enabling success, celebrating achievement and building capacity.
TO BE PUPIL AND PEOPLE CENTRED
To ensure everything we do realises the full potential of the pupils we are here to help. We will provide caring, tailored and supportive environments where young people can flourish. We will ensure that all members of the school community are the focus of our activity and as servant leaders we shall enable their success.
TO ACT WITH INTEGRITY
To be an organisation that is open and transparent, actively embraces equality and diversity and has an honest, inclusive and respectful culture which everyone can trust.
- Salary: Circa £60-70k dependent upon experience
- Hours: 37 per week, very flexible hybrid working policy 2/3 days in the office per week
- Benefits: excellent pension contribution of 24% plus 28 days holiday plus banks holidays