FULL TIME PERMANENT HR MANAGER
All Year Round Position
Salary: SO1 SCP 23 – SCP25 - £27,741 - £29,577
We’re looking for a passionate and dedicated HR manager to join us at Co-op Academy Delius. We’re a high achieving and friendly academy, with two sites for pupils aged 2-11 years with a range of complex educational and medical needs. Our vision is to offer outstanding, inclusive, and enjoyable lifelong learning to our pupils, as well as supporting their families, our staff and the wider community.
This is a relatively new role to school and we will be looking for someone to develop this role to meet all the HR needs of the school. As well as possessing the right skills and experience, we’ll need you to have bags of enthusiasm, and the ability to set up and communicate processes and procedures to all staff, across both sites.
We’re led by our Co-op values of self-help, self-responsibility, equality, equity, democracy and solidarity. We believe that there’s no place more important or fulfilling for people to apply those values than in an amazing school like ours.
What you’ll do:
- Support our staff in providing an outstanding environment for our pupils and their families
- Advise on HR policy and other HR issues
- Ensure safeguarding procedures are in place including, safer recruitment and managing and maintaining the Single Central Register
- Absence management including record keeping, case work, disciplinary and capability advice and case work
- Support and advice on Performance Management and be a reviewer for some of the Business Support Team
- Manage risk including pregnancy and injury risk assessments
- Lead on the recruitment process
- Staff inductions
- Payroll including implementing pay increments
- Lead on Staff wellbeing and the Trusts Reward and Recognition Scheme
This role would suit people who have:
- A highly motivated, enthusiastic and solution-focused approach
- Level 3 qualification (desirable) in personnel or payroll e.g. CPP/CIPD
- A commitment to developing positive school ethos and a good understanding of confidentiality
- The relevant HR experience including an understanding of Employment Law and HR good practice
- Willing to be an active member of the Business Support Team and have the ability to bring out the best in your team
- Confident, resilient and self-managing
More details about the school are available at: https://delius.coopacademies.co.uk/
Interested candidates are requested to email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, 05/11/2021
Interview date: TBA
This role is customer facing and therefore in line with the Immigration Act 2016; all applicants must be able to demonstrate fluency of the English Language to the level defined in the job description.
The successful candidate must have good references and an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service and a medical declaration.
The post is subject to a successful probationary period, as are all posts.
“Co-op Academies Trust, as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf”