A HR Advisor is required on a contract basis for 6/9 months in Brentwood. £34/38K
Your new company
A large FTSE 250 organisation requires a HR Advisor on a contract basis for 6/9 months. This is a standalone role supporting the senior leadership team within a regulated environment.
Your new role
You will be the focal point for employee-related activities throughout the employee lifecycle, from managing workforce development plans and driving recruitment to co-ordinating training and processing employee changes and leavers.
* Maintain and manage a rolling workforce plan and ensure roles are recruited to in a timely manner, with high quality employees in conjunction with the framework and the central recruitment team.
* Arrange and deliver onboarding activities for all new joiners, including Welcome and Induction and co-ordinate job-specific training.
* Process all new starters, including pre-employment checks, employee changes and leavers, using HR System and liaising with the HR Shared Services Team, as appropriate.
* Develop a rolling plan of local employee engagement activities and drive the delivery of this plan.
* Act as the initial point of contact for all HR matters; providing high quality consistent HR advice, coaching, mentoring and guidance. Policies, procedures and best practice at all levels.
* Support Managers in performance management processes, disciplinary, grievance issues and attendance matters. Undertake investigations when this might be appropriate.
* Co-ordinate internal communications to the workforce and leaders, owning the HR calendar of requirements, ensuring the site is adequately prepared and meets all payroll and HR timescales.
* Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all key stakeholders.
* Manage the sites Occupational Health facility and over-see activity to ensure it is in line with company procedures and workforce requirements.
* Delivering the people strategy locally with guidance and support from the HR Business Partner, supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems, effectively implementing initiatives, whilst continually seeking and recommending improvements. For example supporting the Annual Employee Survey, Enabling Excellence process
* Maintain employee records using People Soft (attendance, professional registration, according to policy and legal requirements etc.)
* Accurate and confidential management of all personnel files including updating records, changes and amendments including salary reviews, responsibility allowances, change of bank details etc
* Provide monthly and ad-hoc People Soft reports to SMT
* Organise and prioritise workload effectively to meet strict deadlines, effectively oversee multiple ER cases at a time.
* Meticulous approach and strength of character to challenge and own people related matters to a high standard, ensuring that people related transactional administration is accurate, timely and promotes the company values.
* Maintain professional development, keeping updated with employment law.
What you'll need to succeed
* Minimum of a level 3 Foundation CIPD qualification /Certificate in Personnel Practice or equivalent Level 5 intermediate CIPD qualification.
* Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR position.
* Experience of successful delivery in a project or customer delivery role.
* Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.).
* Understanding of employment laws and disciplinary / grievance procedures. Previous experience of the private healthcare sector or other regulated industry with a major focus on governance and compliance.
* Previous experience of working in a matrix environment, in close collaboration with a Central HR Team.
* Proven ability to work with cross functional teams.
* Ability to identify and implement business focused solutions. Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude.
* Ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
* Strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload.
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels.
* Policy and procedure implementation.
* Experience of case preparation and attendance at an employment tribunal.
What you'll get in return
This contract offers the opportunity to get involved in some really interesting work/projects. This is a standalone role that offers the opportunity to work closely with the senior leadership team. This is a great opportunity to work with a supportive, friendly team and knowledgeable HR team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.