People Organisational Development Partner
In the range of £31,087 to £32,925 per annum (Dependent on skills, experience and qualifications)
37 hours per week
Primary Location: Northampton, Booth Lane Campus
About Northampton College
Northampton College is proud, as the leading provider of further education in the South East Midlands region, to have been ranked, in the 2018/2019 National Achievement Rates Tables (NART), as 7th out of more than 200 colleges for 16 to 18-year old education and training. As a College, who have been rated by Ofsted as ‘good’ with outstanding features, we are committed to developing the professional and technical skills of our students, who are the workforce and leaders of the future.
The HR Team supports Northampton College’s culture of high standards, an inclusive working and learning environment, and a professional committed workforce who are focussed on supporting our students to achieve the best they possibly can.
In order to enable the College to continue to evolve its contemporary focus on People and Organisational Development, in the context of a sector that is subject to continuous change, we now have an opportunity for an experienced Employee Relations professional who is able to develop credible and high trust relationships with all members of the College’s staff community with a focus on enhancing employee engagement.
You will be provided with opportunities to develop your career in HR through both learning and exposure to the diverse remit of the College’s HR team. You will have the support of an exceptional team and the opportunity to work for an organisation that makes a significant and positive difference to thousands of students each year.
The main focus of the role will be to work with managers to develop workforce strategies which promote organisational improvement and focus on the College’s strategic aims of quality improvement, financial sustainability and a College for the community. The role includes an element of developing, training and coaching to ensure the highest possible standards of employee performance and professional standards are achieved.
The successful candidate will take the lead in all aspects of casework including: workforce development; performance management; disciplinary; grievance; maternity, paternity & shared parental leave; absence, and welfare, ensuring appropriate resolutions are achieved.
The post holder will also support the HR Manager/Vice Principal (HR and Student Services) with administrative matters relating to organisational and workforce development.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualities will include:
- Level 5 HR/Business qualification or equivalent experience with an ability and desire to continually develop their professional skills and knowledge
- Relevant membership of the CIPD
- Experience of coaching and influencing managers
- Experience of identifying and presenting solutions to people related challenges
- Experience of providing advice to staff and managers on policy and best practice
- Experience of leading on all aspects of casework including investigations through to formal hearings
- Experience of supporting managers with individual consultation on change processes
- Experience of working with managers to assess their workforce needs, improve performance and to reduce both short term and long-term absence
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make timely and balanced decisions, offering practical solutions
- Being a persuasive, confident and clear communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Having high levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Being resilient, able to work well in a fast-changing pressurised environment, managing conflicting priorities effectively
- Having a strong work ethic
- Being flexible
- Being team, customer and organisation focussed
- Ability to work autonomously
Rewards and Benefits include
- 35 days annual leave, comprising 24 personal days, pro rata (1 September – 31 August), including 8 bank holidays and 3 closure days. The College reserves the right to designate up to 3 closure days per holiday year
- Discounts through membership of the NUS, ranging from Student Prime (Amazon), to eating out, fashion, beauty, entertainment, technology and travel Eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined contribution scheme including an employer contribution rate of 18.6%)
- Access to continued professional development
- Free car parking
- Gym facilities
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Support Helpline
- Enhanced maternity/shared parental and paternity schemes
- Paid Compassionate Leave - up to five working days paid absence (in a rolling twelve-month period) on compassionate grounds in the event of bereavement or serious illness of a close relative)
If you would like to be a part of our successful team please go to https://www.northamptoncollege.ac.uk/working-for-us.html for further details on how to apply.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Sally Bamford, HR Manager on 01604 734058.
Closing Date: Noon, Friday 19 November 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Job share will be considered for this post
This post will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check