Where you’ll work: Based at North Kent College’s Dartford campus, with occasional travel to the Gravesend / Hadlow / Tonbridge sites. Remote working considered from time to time, dependent on business need.
Your hours: 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday), 52 weeks per annum.
Your pay: Up to £25,600 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience), with Level 3 CIPD study support if you don’t already have a qualification in place.
Following the creation of a new post, a rare opportunity has arisen for an HR Officer to join our expanding team at an exciting time.
As one of three planned postholders, supporting the wider HR team (including HR Business Partner, HR Manager and Head of HR positions), the role of HR Officer is responsible for providing customer focused, comprehensive and pragmatic advice to managers and staff, working with the close-knit HR team to ensure the smooth running of the service in line with College polices, procedures and legal requirements.
This could be the role for you if:
- you have current experience of working in an HR role at Administrator / Assistant level or above, and are looking for the next step in your career;
- you are CIPD qualified at Level 3 or above, or are willing to achieve this within 12 months of appointment (with full employer funding!);
- you have basic knowledge of employment law and its application in the workplace, including providing first level advice on a range of HR issues;
- you have experience of providing end to end recruitment process support, or transferable skills to this effect;
- you have excellent IT and administration skills, and the ability to maintain an HR information system with absolute accuracy.
It goes without saying that we need you to be a team player and an excellent communicator, able to maintain a proactive, organised approach to your work, and of course an eye for detail, whilst working to challenging deadlines. The ability to maintain focus and quality of service delivery at all times is key.
In return, we’ll give you 33 days’ annual leave (yes, really!) plus bank holidays, and you’ll be enrolled onto the Local Government Pension Scheme which also includes life assurance. You’ll also benefit from free parking and have access to a range of onsite facilities including a nursery, restaurants and coffee shops.
For a full job description and to apply, please visit North Kent College’s staff vacancies page.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. All appointments are subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, providing it to the College for review.
Closing Date: 4th January 2022