HR Business Partner (UK & APAC)
Deallus is a global management consulting firm specialized in life sciences and with a legacy in competitive strategy. We empower clients to achieve competitive advantage through the generation of strategic intelligence and actionable insights. Our strength is unrivalled therapeutic area expertise, deep understanding of our client needs, and proven methodologies to deliver strategic value across the product lifecycle and the broader organization.
Deallus has global staff of nearly 100 people, and presence in all major pharmaceutical markets through offices in L.A., New York City, London, Tokyo, and Shanghai. We have a diverse employee population and more than 25 languages are spoken by Deallus staff. We serve a large number of top-25 global pharma as well as nice biopharma clients, and have therapeutic area strength in Oncology, Rare Disease, Vaccines, and other specialty categories, as well as most of the primary care space.
Our Mission, Vision & Values
Our vision is to lead the industry in shaping and refining strategies for those striving to advance healthcare and improve patients’ lives.
We do this by applying bespoke, robust methodologies to unearth insights and provide evidence-based recommendations; by building an innovative, passionate, global team with a diverse skillset and deep expertise; and by serving as a trusted thought partner for our clients to help them navigate a dynamic, competitive and complex environment.
Finally, we strive to emulate our values of Collaboration, Curiosity, Passion, Resilience, and a Winning Mindset in everything we do, both for our clients and the way we interact with each other.
We are now looking for an HR Business Partner to join our team to support our accelerating growth. Specifically, we are looking for candidates with 4-6 years’ HR experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
Purpose of the Role:
As our HR Business Partner, you will be responsible for managing and delivering the full spectrum of HR activity across both London & APAC regions of c50 employees collectively. You will partner with managers and leaders in order to create and implement effective recruitment, retention, and development strategies; in addition, you will manage and advise on all employee relations issues within the UK & APAC.
Reporting directly into the Head of HR, you will also collaborate closely with the HRBP (US) to ensure effective global alignment of regional initiatives. In addition, you will be responsible for leading various global HR workstreams.
- Collaborate with the Recruitment and Resourcing Advisor on all regional recruitment activity; this includes crafting job specs, liaising with hiring managers and recruiters, sourcing and vetting candidates, conducting interviews, managing the interview process, liaising with candidates and designing and extending offers
- Manage all regional onboarding activity, to include designing onboarding programs in partnership with managers, delivering onboarding training and overseeing effective onboarding within the region to ensure a quality experience for new hires
- Partnering with Development Managers regionally to ensure effective management of employees, to include coaching managers on how to address performance concerns, manage career progression, or manage challenging conversations with employees and ensuring all performance issues are being proactively addressed
- In partnership with Head of HR, manages all employee relations issues in region up to senior leadership level
- Coordinate L&D activity for various levels of the business including leading in adapting and improving content to incorporate feedback and evolving needs of the business
- Lead in driving employee engagement, to include management of employee pulse surveys, analysing and interpreting feedback, conducting exit interviews and shaping recommendations to the business.
- Manage local payroll and benefits for all employees, to include process management as well as employee education and communications
- Manage local roll-out of all performance management, promotion and salary reviews, in close partnership with HR team
- Leads various global HR initiatives and workstreams as required
- Manage the HR administrator
What we’re looking for:
- 4-6 years of experience in HR, ideally having progressed recently into a junior BP role or similar
- CIPD qualified
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Proactive individual, able to work autonomously to own initiative
- Excellent prioritization skills, with a sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Thrives on challenge; ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and keep multiple plates spinning
- Alignment to the Deallus values: Collaboration, Curiosity, Passion, Resilience, and a Winning Mindset
- Experience within a professional services environment
- Experience within life sciences consulting