Xtrac is the worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of specialist transmission systems supporting a wide client base covering top level professional Motorsport and High Performance Automotive. Cutting edge transmission systems and components are provided in Motorpsort for Formula One, sportscar & touring cars, IndyCars, NASCARs and rally cars globally, as well as transmissions for the next generation of ultra-high performance road-going Hypercars.
Established in 1984 and headquartered in Thatcham in Berkshire, with two satellite sites in North America, Xtrac is a privately owned company with a passion for winning and dedicated to continuous improvement, which is supported by personal development plans for key staff members, a well-funded capital expenditure programme and a dedicated focus on Health and Safety for all staff.
Impeccable Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) is a key goal of Xtrac. Our products are developing and demonstrating new technologies needed for the global decarbonisation of transport and our long standing award winning apprentice and undergraduate programmes provides our future technical leaders, and also supports the local community.
With a private equity investor onboard, our journey of growth continues, we are seeking to recruit a highly skilled, empathetic leader with a strong track record of HR management and leadership, to join us as Head of HR. As a key member of the Leadership Team who, together under the guidance and management of the CEO, are responsible for the definition and the execution of the business strategy.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of HR will partner with the Leadership Team to lead the development and implementation of our progressive people strategy, embed new ideas to support growth, whilst continuing to drive a high-performance culture to ensure the delivery of operational plans and business strategy.
- Provide leadership and specialist advice on the full breadth of strategic engagement issues across the business. This includes cross functional business-related projects i.e., Health and Safety Committee, COVID-19 working party, ESG working party, Transmission Steering Committee, Business Continuity Planning and Security Task Force, and other ad-hoc business related projects.
- Lead a team whose remit is to support the delivery of expert HR services, guidance, policies, and programmes ensuring best practice and regulatory compliance, consistent with business values. This includes building positive stakeholder relations and supplier relationship management.
- Deliver and contribute to, the Human Capital Committee as part of the ‘TopCo’ Board governance process and chair the monthly HR review whilst effectively partnering with other Integrated Business Processing leads to execute the business strategy and facilitate the delivery of priorities and recommendations to the SLT.
- Provide expert advice around complex ER issues, talent management, organisational development, reward and recognition, policy development, compliance and legalisation.
- Prepare and manage the annual manpower budgets and provide monthly HR data analytics.
- Actively support the Leadership team with HR and organisational development challenges, including skills development, succession planning, and diversity and inclusion.
- Drive the Reward agenda and act as an internal consultant to drive business performance and develop the Employee Value Proposition. This includes managing relationships with third party providers, overseeing the pay review process and supporting the Trustees of the Xtrac Employees’ Share Trust.
- Lead on learning and development strategies, including the advancement of the Xtrac Academy, oversee apprenticeship recruitment and development in conjunction with the Apprentice Manager, and create and implement tools and resources that support talent management, performance management and professional and career development.
The successful individual will be an innovative and results-driven thinker who leads by example and creates new and unique approaches that enhance our people experiences. You must be CIPD qualified, analytical, intellectually curious, able to understand the “larger picture” and use this broader perspective to constructively challenge when required. You will offer operational excellence and a track record of achievement operating and providing strategic HR advice to executive teams and Boards. An interest in the automotive industry, Motorsport and experience in an innovative manufacturing & engineering business is an advantage.
In return, we offer the following benefits
- Competitive Salary Package
- Private Health Care
- Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance
- Onsite Parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers