The House of Lords Administration employs around 680 staff, providing the administrative and logistical support for the House of Lords to work as an effective second chamber of Parliament. The Human Resources Office (currently 25 staff) provides a full HR service for all employees of the Administration.
The main objective of the role is to support the Head of HR Operations to provide expert HR operational advice and support to line managers and staff of the House of Lords. The successful candidate will play a central role in the HR Operations team to ensure it effectively carries out core HR tasks to support the House of Lords Administration.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Delivering at Pace - Experience of working in a busy, professional, customer focussed HR team to deliver high quality HR Advisory Service.
- Delivering Customer Service - Experience of providing proactive and accurate advice and guidance to managers on a variety of HR policies and procedures, to a high standard including running and advising on good practice in recruitment.
- Communication Skills - Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with excellent judgement and ability to use tact and discretion at all times.
- Collaboration and Teamwork - Effective team working skills, with an ability to share best practice and to show flexibility towards covering the work of the HR Operations team, Business Partners and supporting the wider HR Office.
- Prioritisation and Problem Solving - Ability to prioritise own workload, often to tight deadlines whilst using initiative to solve problems.
- Building Working Relationships - Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships with a broad range of people at all levels within the House of Lords Offices, the House of Commons, PDS and members of the public.
More information can be found in the job description.