Event Concept is looking for a People Manager.
As an experienced People professional you’ll have the opportunity to lead on generalist people & culture work alongside owning our vision for a truly sustainable future. This role is not just about HR, you will have ownership of our internal culture alongside supporting the implementation of our Sustainability strategy and all areas of CSR.
After what has been a difficult 18 months for the live events industry we are rebuilding. Our new People Manager will bring together long-serving team members with our many recently hired new joiners and create a cohesive culture with our values at the core.
Event Concept is a people business. Our phenomenal team is our family and you will be joining in a pivotal role at a very important time in the business’ growth.
We operate a flexible working policy, however, we feel it is important for this role to be mainly office-based, supporting the team on a face-to-face basis.
Who are you?
- You are an experienced People professional, you’ve either been in a similar role in a standalone generalist role or part of a larger People team and are looking to take your next step.
- You’re minimum CIPD Level 5 or have equivalent experience.
- You have a solid understanding of UK employment law and ACAS guidelines.
- You are a true generalist. This role leads on all areas of the CIPD profession map with the additional responsibility of driving our sustainability ethos. We believe that a truly sustainable future involves continually evolving the way we operate as a business and behave as individuals.
- You feel the feels. We practice open and honest communication (one of our values is Talk) and we are looking for someone who will care for our people in the way they deserve.
- You understand how data plays an important part in building sustainable people practices and you are comfortable producing people-related data at board level.
- You’re a multi-tasker. You can spin various plates without getting in a flap and when someone comes to you and says ‘do you have a minute’ you understand the importance of making that time available for them.
- You’re happy to input, support, and implement people and talent strategies (with the support of the Leadership team and specialist third parties).
- You’re a skilled communicator, you understand that a business can have the best strategy and intentions but if it isn’t communicated in a way the people understand and identify with it’s pointless.
- You’re happy to share ideas for new initiatives and ways of working and equally happy to hear other people’s ideas.
- You’re highly discrete. You will have access to confidential information, and you give that trust the respect it deserves.
- You’re a creative thinker, interested in the big picture.
Day to day tasks
This is a very varied role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside the Leadership Team to develop strategy, alongside being responsible for the tangible day to day tasks:
People & Culture
- Working with our Leadership Team to continually improve our Culture
- Ownership of the HRIS, ensuring all data is secure, up to date and well managed
- Handling day to day people issues including employee relations and the management of formal processes
- Supporting monthly payroll reporting
- Supporting line managers with best practice, keeping on top of important employee diary dates like probation
- Managing onboarding and offboarding
- Generating contracts and formal documentation
Recruitment & Talent Management
- Supporting the Leadership Team with proactive recruitment
- Managing the recruitment process from end to end including liaising with candidates, scheduling interviews and supporting with interviews where appropriate
Performance Management & feedback cycles
- Managing our performance management and feedback cycles
- Leading the annual performance management process, looking for ways to improve the experience and ensure that it delivers value and isn’t a box ticking exercise
- Leading our 6 monthly eNPS employee surveys, taking insights, reporting with recommendations to the Leadership Team and communicating with employees
Learning & Development
- Owning the training matrix and ensuring all mandatory compliance based learning is handled
- Owning relationships with suppliers
- Managing adhoc training requirements as needed
- Supporting line managers with bespoke or individual learning needs analysis
We believe a truly sustainable business has 3 main pillars: Environmental, Social and Governance. As Head of P&P, you will be the internal owner and champion of our sustainability strategy. You will support and encourage departments and individuals to make small changes, and lead on larger awareness projects (with the support of external specialists) in the following areas:
- Environmental – we have committed to a 2030 Pledge https://eventconcept.co.uk/media/8992/event-concept-2030-pledge.pdf and we’ll be asking you to champion the necessary behaviour change. We don’t expect you to be a sustainability expert but we do ask that you have a genuine passion for environmental issues
- Social – we are building out our sustainable people practices and you will lead on Wellbeing, D&I & Social Responsibility
- Governance – we are continually reviewing our internal governance and we hold ourselves to high standards. Our compliance is overseen by our Senior team, but you will be involved in helping us to continually up our game and be involved in supporting the structures we put in place to keep ourselves in check, such as: ISO’s, Good Work Standard, London Living Wage accreditation, GDPR frameworks, BCorp certification. We don’t need you to have previous experience in these specifically, but some experience in supporting external audits and governance will be useful.
We are a values driven organisation and they play an important part of our culture:
- Do more with less: Environmental sustainability is one of our core strategic pillars. We have an ambitious environmental 2030 pledge and we will expect you to commit to coming on that journey with us, professionally and personally.
- Creative ingenuity: Creativity exists as a red thread through everything we do, from our very visible creative concepts to finding new and creative ways to solve complex problems and evolve internal process
- Always excellent: We deliver excellence to our clients and that requirement filters through to every element of our culture. Our technical excellence and attention to detail underpins all we do (… but that doesn’t mean we don’t take calculated risks!)
- Passionately proud: We are immensely proud of our team and they are equally proud of the company they work for.
- Talk: We operate a safe and inclusive environment. Awareness and understanding of every individual's lived experience is valued. We talk openly about hard things. We will ask you to do the same.
- What’s next?: If the last year has taught us anything, it is that we can never know what’s around the corner. We always have one eye on the horizon and are continually asking ourselves … what’s next?
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!