Job title: HR Advisor
Reports into: Director of Organisational Development and Change
Direct reports: None
- Provide high quality, proactive, customer focussed first-line HR support to the business whilst consistently demonstrating HR best practice.
- Support managers in delivering a first class, professional HR and OD service to Inquilab within allocated resources and to relevant service standards
- Act as a first point of contact for managers and employees to develop and implement pragmatic and flexible HR solutions, taking into account current legislation and internal policies and procedure
- Provide effective and efficient day to day office management services
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Advise managers on all aspects of people management and employee relations including disciplinary matters, the resolution of grievances, disputes and differences ensuring compliance with legislation, all appropriate codes of practice and procedures.
- Review and implement the organisation’s employment policies and procedures, ensuring they reflect both current legislation and best practice.
- Ensure accurate, effective, timely and confidential employee information by streamlining processes and maximising the use of the HR Employee system
- Ensure timely and effective recruitment and selection for all posts and support managers on all aspects of the process,
- Support managers in managing sickness absence, ensuring processes are complied with and completed in line with policy, legislation and best practice. Monitor and collate sickness absence information for reporting purposes.
- Support and advice managers in managing employee performance, providing briefings and guidance as necessary
- Provide first point advice on organisational development matters ensuring approved training programmes are delivered and maintain an accurate record of training attendance and expenditure in relation to budgets.
- Support managers to ensure the successful application of the PDP process, filtering identified training requirements into the corporate training plan and arrange delivery as required
- Manage and report progress in the performance management system on projects, actions, and risks within the scope of the Human Resources Team and the grade of the role.
- Manage the Disclosure and Barring Service application process for all relevant post holders ensuring compliance with both legislation and company policy
- Manage the office including the monitoring and procurement of office supplies, equipment, furniture, kitchen and cleaning supplies.
- Manage the office cleaning contract ensuring efficient and effective service
- Take responsibility for the use and upkeep of the premises in line with leasing arrangements and ensure all maintenance and repairs carried out.
Adopt and comply with Inquilab values, policies and procedures, and regulatory frameworks including:
- Code of Conduct
- Health & Safety
- Data Protection, privacy and use of IT resources
- Regulatory standards and probity
- Risks and internal controls framework
- Human Resources policies and procedures
- Equality and diversity
No role profile can cover every issue which may arise within the post at various times. The post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, which are broadly consistent with those described.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Associate of CIPD or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Working knowledge of current and relevant employment legislation, case law and HR best practice as well as HR and OD related policies and procedures
- Up to date knowledge of best practice in the HR and Organisational Development field
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and evaluative skills
- Excellent written communication skills sufficient to undertake research and write analytical reports, policies and procedures
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across the organisation.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage own workload
- Possesses emotional maturity and resilience in order to deal with difficult situations; maintains empathy without becoming personally involved
- Ability to analyse information accurately, to interpret policies and procedures and to give clear advice
- Competent level of ability in all Microsoft packages
- Experience of working as an HR Advisor or equivalent
- Experience of advising on HR and/or OD related issues
- Experience of writing analytical reports and procedures for managers
- An understanding of office supplies procurement and office management is desirable
- Prepared to work flexibly
- Occasional attendance at meetings and work outside of contractual hours may be required
Inquilab STARS Values
We want to make Inquilab a great place to work and a great organisation that really delivers for its customers. Our STARS values are designed to guide how we work, every day. Everyone within the organisation is expected to demonstrate our values in their role and in how they relate to colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
Service: I make every effort to provide service our customers value and are proud of
- I take responsibility and action to provide services our customers value and are proud of.
- I take responsibility to promote excellent customer service with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and encourage this across the team
- I put in place plans to gather internal and external customers’ views and aspirations and ensure these are realised
- I take ownership and responsibility for resolving problems and issues for services provided by the team and empower staff to take ownership of their own areas of work
- I ensure the team addresses customer and quality issues in proactive and creative ways and I create processes and systems to enable the team to record and resolve customer issues.
- I strive to get things right first time and if not, committed to putting them right.
Trust: I show honesty and integrity in my dealings with others and take ownership of my actions
- I’m honest, open and demonstrate integrity
- I take ownership to do what I say I’ll do and encourage colleagues to take ownership and be open about problems and issues.
- I follow through on promises. I’m consistent and adhere to ethical principles in my relationship with others
- I objectively assess the need to compromise while staying true to my values
Accountability: I take personal ownership and responsibility to get things done. I make things happen by empowering and delivering through the team and using resources effectively
- I work hard to make things happen. I persevere and don’t give up quickly and easily
- I am disciplined and realistic and do what I say I will do
- I take personal ownership of an issue until it is resolved. I own my mistakes and do all I can to rectify them, learning from the process
- I make decisions that are within my remit
- I use feedback positively to meet, improve and exceed services to, and expectation of, customers and for my interaction with colleagues and stakeholders
Respect: I treat everyone with respect and understanding.
- I show commitment, professionalism and respect to others by arriving on time and engaging fully in meetings
- I listen to others, work hard to understand their point of view, open myself up to new ideas and opinions and seek to be well informed about people’s differences
- I always answer a ringing phone and respond quickly to customers and colleagues. I look for ways to tailor and improve services to take account of differing needs. And demonstrate integrity and fairness in decision-making
- I put myself in others’ shoes and understand how my actions impact. I am willing to explore critical differences in perspective and I understand I must treat everyone with the respect and dignity that I would like to be afforded.
- I make myself available and aim to be easy to work with
Strength: I’m ambitious to succeed for both the organisation and my personal wellbeing.
- I continually exhibit good judgement, clear perspective and courage in withstanding or influencing outcomes for the benefit of customers and colleagues
- I’m aware of my strengths and weaknesses and reflect on how they may impact the expectations and standards of the organisation
- I make every effort to navigate and negotiate complex relationships and change, and exercise self-control in my dealings with others
- I always act with integrity and demonstrate capacity and courage in dealing with issues with both customers and colleagues.
Teamwork: One team, working towards common objectives
- I understand Inquilab is one organisation and I actively promote a ‘one team’ culture
- I work well with people across the organisation to ensure customers only need to make a ‘single ask’
- I welcome contact and input from colleagues in all parts of the business
- I share my knowledge and experience with colleagues to ensure delivery of excellent service
- I welcome opportunities outside my team role to contribute to improving the business.