HR Management Consultant
Collinson Grant is a management consultancy with an exceptional record in:
- Helping large organisations all over the United Kingdom, Europe, and in the United States to restructure, merge acquisitions, cut costs, increase performance and profit, and manage people.
- Building long-term relationships based on trust which have meant that we have worked for some of clients for over thirty years.
- Emphasising results and value for money. We expect to give an exceptional return on the investment in us. We do not recommend action unless we are sure that the outcome will be worth it.
You will focus on developing and completing work on HR strategy, organisation design and development, pay and reward, employee relations, workforce planning, managing performance, and talent management. The emphasis will be on organisation design, reward and employee relations.
You will help drive the business into its next stage of growth. You will build and sustain relationships with existing clients to maximise fees and achieve budgeted income, develop new contacts and sell professional HR consultancy services, including multifaceted assignments. You will also manage and contribute to larger consultancy jobs.
Some support is advisory, but other larger assignments centre on implementing restructuring and organisational improvement. We have long-standing clients in many different sectors. You will be focused on exploiting the real potential Collinson Grant believes there is to grow the business.
There will be travel to clients throughout the UK (and occasional overseas travel), sometimes at short notice.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leading all of our work on HR and improving the range of work we can provide and the breadth and depth of our capabilities.
- Selling work and working on and managing a range of client projects and assignments.
- Providing innovative solutions and offering clients new ideas about all aspects of HR – approaches, methodology, technology etc.
- Developing relationships with clients to cement the existing relationship, retain the client over the long term and maximise the opportunity to sell additional products and services.
- Undertaking business and relationship development activities including developing and running seminars or webinars, building and maintaining a social media profile, networking and individual relationship management activities etc.
- An outstanding educational background (a first class degree from a top university)
- A broad background in HR providing a solid generalist HR competence.
- Subject matter expertise in organisation design or pay and reward.
- A confidence in selling and managing work.
- Ability and drive to develop new business in a competitive, professional services environment, and (equally important), be able to maintain and build relationships with demanding clients.
- Able to demonstrate an innovative approach to developing services and products that match clients' needs.
- Excellent communication skills and able to present complex ideas and arguments effectively, orally and in writing.
- The personal credibility to work with senior managers, directors and chief executives of large organisations.
- Sound commercial instincts, a passion for business development and an unqualified desire to build long-term relationships.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of line management and leadership.
- Determined, intelligent and credible.
- Driven, resilient, confident, sociable and assertive.