Your new company
Upon meeting with this company, when asked about their employer value proposition, they explained that they are able to provide an individual with a professional and collaborative working environment. This role is working for the London branch of a very large international bank, who would be seen as a Tier 2 within London Financial Market.
Your new role
You will be reporting into the general manager (EXCO level within traditional terms) and line managing a HR manager and HR Advisor. Working alongside you will be another Head of HR who you will be expected to work in collaboration with, but the roles will be split into territories within the organisation.
You will have full anatomy of the Human Resources department, which will also include the assistance of the day to day running of all business operations. For example, you and your team will be required to help manage the property management, health and safety and general day to day ad hoc duties.
Key focuses within 2022 for this organisation will be renewing the performance management system, learning, development, and talent management of existing staff as well as a salary and benefits review.
Key focus areas within this role will be:
* Develop and ensure HR policies are being adhered to
* Coordinate, implement and monitor all HR activities
* Oversee the monthly payroll process, e.g. approve monthly payroll changes
* Provide independent advice to senior management
* Resourcing and Talent management (Provide recruitment advise, devise resourcing plans, key relationship management of agencies, onboarding of new staff)
* Responsible for overseeing Risk and Compliance employee framework (SMCR, RCSA, GDPR, Conduct Risk Policy, Conflicts Management Policy, Anti-Bribery & Corruption Policy, Outsourcing Policy, IT Security Policy, Data Protection Policy, Anti Bribery, etc)
* Employee relations and engagement (Provide employee relations support, liaise with outsource employment lawyers, take measures to monitor and engagement morale and motivation)
* Compensation and Benefits (First point of contact for compensation related matters, including developing policies and practices, managing annual salary reviews)
* Responsible for managing HR spend and budgets
What you'll need to succeed
This is an ideal role for someone who has worked within an international bank in the past, working in an organisation which requires you to be a true generalist and someone who will become a true partner within the business.
You will have experience in:
* Working within a banking environment
* Extensive HR Management Experience
* Knowledge of employee relations, employment law, regulatory issues within banking
* Experience of working in multi-cultural environments
* Operated at a senior strategic level and developed HR initiatives
* Exposure to working within a global organisation
* Proven results of managing and implementing projects and change initiatives
* Excellent internal and stakeholder management
* Line management experience of at least 1 other HR professional
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.