Your new company
Our client is a well established medical manufacturing company who are currently seeking an HR Generalist to join their team on an initial 6 month basis. This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate who is seeking experience within an HR environment, or someone with HR experience returning to work after a career break.
Your new role
As an HR Generalist, you will report to the HRBP, and provide an efficient and effective administration support for the HR Department.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Supporting with absence management through circulating reports, assisting with absence management meetings and reviews and providing advice to line managers
* Ensure that the computerised HR information systems are accurate and personnel files updated regularly
* Manage the flow of TMS queries by executing issues throughout the team, and ensure all items are closed out
* Assist with administrative duties within the HR department
* Co-ordinate the probationary review process and liaising with managers to ensure completion of these records within the appropriate timeframe
* Support with employee relations matter
* Liaise with the HRD team to coordinate and deliver HR part of the Induction
* Deliver HR training to Line Managers
* Keep fully up-to-date with and apply NI employment law throughout all areas of responsibility
* Maintain confidentiality with all work undertaken
* Assist with departmental projects and take the lead in adapting/ improving the role and/or department practices
* Ad hoc duties when required
What you'll need to succeed
* A-Level (or equivalent) standard education
* GCSE Maths and English Language Grade C or above (or equivalent)
* Previous practical experience in a high volume administrative role, gained within an HR department
* Previous experience of taking minutes of meetings.
* Previous experience of HR information systems
* Proven working knowledge of current NI employment legislation and associated best practice
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
* Effective negotiation and influencing skills
* Effective problem solving and decision making ability
* Proactive, decisive approach
* Effective communication skills (verbal, written, presentational and interpersonal)
* Proven ability to adopt a methodical approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in all work carried out
* Proven ability to organise, plan and prioritise tasks within a high volume, varied workload
* Proven ability to effectively work on own initiative whilst contributing within a team environment
What you'll get in return
* Competitive salary and additional benefits
* Minimum 6 month contract
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.