Head of HR
Your new company
Set in the heart of the English Lake District surrounded by breathtaking scenery and some of the finest walking, biking and climbing locations in the Country. This award winning hospitality business are seeking a skilled HR professional to develop a truly progressive and people strategy. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a progressive, developing and forward thinking organisation. With true flexible working arrangement this role offers a positive work life balance and operating within a senior leadership role.
Your new role
With people at the forefront of everything this business do this role is truly progressive people opportunity. This role will report directly into the Managing Director. You will be responsible for managing the HR team and ensuring that all aspects of transactional HR are being delivered consistently and correctly. The role requires delivery of a fully comprehensive generalist HR service to include liaison and interface with colleagues at all levels in the company to ensure the business delivers the following at all levels:
* A fully resourced staffing compliment at all times, whilst maintaining and maximising the recruitment processes
* Effective Employee Relations
* Employee Engagement
* Performance Management & Appraisal
* Reward, Recognition and Retention
* Flexible working
* Training & Development
The role will take responsibility of:
* Working closely with the senior leadership team to ensure the HR agenda is a priority and ensuring that all leadership teams are supported in all HR activity.
* Provide a focal point for the business on people related activities in support of recruitment and retention.
* Providing advice and support to all Management/Supervisory personnel when advising employees on queries and concerns relating to their employment terms and conditions, and HR policies and procedures. Specifically including: disciplinary, grievance, attendance and performance issues in line with company procedures.
* Leading periodic "People Forums" with Senior Management to review overarching topics such as Succession Planning, Recruitment & Retention, Talent Management, Performance Issues, and other emergent issues
* Delivery of an Annual Training & Development Plan that meets with requirements but is flexibly able to react to emerging changes
* Identifying opportunities for apprentices, graduates, work experience/placements in line with our targets. Engaging with this population to ensure they have a point of contact within the HR team and are appropriately supported by the project.
What you'll need to succeed
* HR Degree or Equivalent
* Five years minimum experience in a Generalist HR Management role
* Responsible for driving employee engagement, good employment practice and a positive working culture: the role underpins our intention for the organisation to be a great place to work
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.