Your new company
CPS has c500 employees in 20 countries who support 100+ international customers and partners. Their employees broadly map into four main job family classifications: Engineering, Software, Operational & Manufacturing and Professional Services.
Your new role
Reporting into the CEO, you will lead a team of six direct reports. The Global Head of People & Culture is an active member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), and you will be joining the organisation at a time of intense business recovery and forecasted business growth. You will also lead on the transition of the current HR function into a new and more dynamic People & Culture operating model.
To lead the global people and culture function and teams, optimising operational excellence and own the delivery of several strategic enablers directed at supporting our clients business strategy and sustaining CPS market leading position. Specifically, you will: Provide corporate leadership of CPS global P&C strategy, plans, services, practices and solutions. Operate as an active member of the senior leadership team (SLT), attending/contributing to monthly SLT/Operational Board meetings. Lead a team of 6 direct reports across four regional markets (Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa). This is an operationally ‘hands-on’ role, balanced with shaping and delivering strategic initiatives, programmes and projects - approximately a 70/30 split.
What you'll need to succeed
- Professionally qualified to Chartered MCIPD (level 7) or an alternative equivalent. Additional HR, OD or business awards/certifications are highly valued.
- Breadth and depth of HR generalist experience, combined with additional expertise gained in an HR specialisation, e.g., recruitment, reward, ER, L&D, OD&D etc.
- Senior business partnering/internal consulting experience with senior stakeholders.
- Experience of managing employee life cycle activities in UK and European markets – with wider exposure in at least one other region, e.g., Americas and APAC.
- Strong knowledge of UK/EU employment law with some experience of working with labour laws/regulations and cultural customs/practices in non-UK/EU geographies, such as USA.
- Good knowledge of UK/EU and international reward principles (pay/benefits)
- Strong leadership, cross-cultural communication, collaboration, DEI and influencing skills.
What you'll get in return
- Up to £90k base, (subject to relevant international experience) + a car allowance
- Hybrid Working: 3 days in office, 2 days home working - with flexible core hours
- 26 days paid leave + UK public holidays
- Contributory pension plan options, double matched by CPS
- Private medical insurance
- Up to 30 days (6 weeks) contractual sick pay
- Life Assurance (4 times annual salary)
- Excellent Employee Assistance Programme
- Some international travel will be required
- Modern office: 5 mins walk from Basingstoke station or free parking.
- Directly opposite Waitrose for food/lunch
- Five mins walk into the central shopping mall
- Informal dress code: Dress for your diary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Contact: Niki VardyOffice: Ground Floor, 256 High StreetPhone: 01483 451017