Deputy Director, Shared Services Operations
Base salary: £71,000
Location: Cardiff, Swansea, Glasgow, Liverpool, Newcastle, Nottingham or Worthing
What will you do?
With responsibility for leading the day to day operations of HMRC shared services across HR, Finance and Procurement, you will lead a team of c600 based over four key sites in Glasgow, Newcastle, Liverpool and Worthing. Following implementation of the Shared Services Strategy, you will subsequently provide operational leadership to the broader HMRC led cluster. You will ensure that your dispersed teams are delivering customer-focused service at the right quality levels and to budget and will ensure that service innovation is continually sought.
What are we looking for?
This is a critical and significant government activity so there is fundamental need for experience in running HR shared services operations. We are keen to engage widely and welcome interest from both the public and commercial sectors, however you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent leadership and management skills with the ability to build individual and team capability and build a positive and engaged working culture
- Business acumen and strong judgement that spans complex HR services, through to strategic insight on services to the employee lifecycle
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrable success at building effective internal and external stakeholder relations
- Excellent project manager with a track record of successful delivery
- The ability to lead and motivate operational teams working in high paced areas of work
- Good understanding of technologies, systems and best practices in the shared services space
Investing in you
HMRC is one of the country’s largest employers, with around 66,000 people working across the UK.
Whatever your role, you’ll be amongst people with an incredible range of skills and experience.
We’re committed to investing in you and your development and with access to regular learning sessions and webinars from a range of cross-sector providers, we’ll give you all the tools you need to do a brilliant job.
We want everyone to feel valued, supported and comfortable being their true self at work. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer, supporting social mobility and giving opportunities to people whatever their background.
Key benefits include:
- Base salary £71,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional one day’s paid leave commemorating the Queen’s Birthday
- Civil Service pension - highly competitive contributory scheme
- Flexible working patterns and access to Flexible Working Schemes allowing you to vary your working day as long as you work your total hours.
- Generous paid maternity / paternity leave (notably higher than the statutory minimum)
- Interest-free travel/ bicycle loans
- Onsite facilities including fitness centres and staff canteens (where applicable)
- Learning and development tailored to your role
Please click Apply if you would like to know more about this opportunity or to apply for this post.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact our advising consultants at GatenbySanderson on 07545 441127 or via:
Closing Date: 23:55 on Monday 13 June 2022