We are seeking an experienced Senior HR Advisor to join our team. The post holder will have worked in a busy HR department and have a strong HR background. They will be the lead on managing discipline, absence management and capability cases and will have a strong background in employee relations. They will manage the HR Advisor so will have strong management skills and be able to manage a varied workload and be confident to work on their own initiative. They will deputise for the HR Operations Manager when they are on leave.
Ideal candidates will be fully CIPD qualified. A background working within a school or education environment would be preferred, along with a proven track record of building strong working relationships at all levels.
- Providing HR advice to managers on the employee life cycle
- Providing complex HR employee relations advice to managers
- Acting as the HR support to the chair at disciplinary and capability hearings
- Analysing monthly management data for trends to report to line managers, and in particular absence information
- Monitoring HR KPIs and reporting to HR Operations Manager
- Monitoring and improving the recruitment process for all staff vacancies including managing applications and shortlisting, scheduling, and supporting selection activities, liaising with candidates and obtaining references and other appropriate recruitment documentation.
- Managing the appointment procedures for new employees, including fulfilling all checks required under employment regulations and guidance provided in KCSIE and the ISI Regulations
- Liaising with external employment agencies, as required, to secure temporary workers
- Supporting the on boarding process with line management
HR Systems – ITrent
- Being an ambassador for the HR system
- Responsible for training new staff on the system
- Working closely with the Project Manager supporting the implementation of ITrent, including system design, user acceptance testing, training
- Being a super user on the system
- Being the first point of contact for staff on the system
- Responsible for checking the Single Central Register of appointments to ensure compliance and assisting with regular monitoring and pre-inspection audits
- Carry out audits to ensure all pre-appointment checks are in place and risk assessments are completed if necessary for all volunteers/governors/third party employees and other adults working in school in accordance with KCSIE and the ISI Regualtions
- Overseeing timely notifications to Payroll
- Monitoring absence management across the school to ensure fairness
- Ensuring compliance with all mandatory training
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the HR Operations Manager, Bursar or High Mistress.
This job description may be amended from time to time in consultation with the role holder. As the needs of the school change the duties will be adjusted accordingly.