The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks including a satisfactory Enhanced Criminal Records with Barred List check through the DBS.
The post you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and applicants will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and warmings that are not “protected” (as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020).
Those working with children under the age of 8 will be required to make a declaration under the statutory guidance ‘The Childcare (Disqualification) and Childcare (Early Years Provision Free of Charge) (Extended Entitlement) (Amendment) Regulations 2018’ issued by the Department for Education (DfE).
The school has a duty, under the Immigration Act 2016, to ensure that its employees in customer facing roles speak fluent English (or Welsh or English in Wales) to an appropriate standard, so that a high quality service can be provided to the public. This is known as the ‘fluency duty’ and it applies to all public sector staff who regularly interact with the public in customer facing roles.
Applications must be made on the school's support staff application form. CVs alone are not acceptable.
To lead the strategic and operational HR service within the school. The HR manager will lead the HR team and direct the development and maintenance of HR processes for the staff of the school, including pay roll.
The Finance Manager reports to the Headteacher to provide advice and guidance regarding all forms of HR strategy, ensuring the school remains compliant with employment laws, conditions of service and best practice. You will be responsible keeping, the HR policies and procedures are current, relevant and implemented appropriately.
- Main Duties
- Advise the Headteacher and Governing Body on developments in HR, education legislation and current practice for effective review and implementation when necessary.
- Develop and monitor KPIs for HR and provide regular reports for the Headteacher, SLT and Governing Body.
- To review, develop and manage/oversee the MIS provision for storing HR information and streamlining processes.
- Ensure the Terms and Conditions for school employees are kept up to date in line with legislation.
- Promote practices and initiatives to ensure equality and diversity that reflect the vision and aims of the school
- To liaise with all usual external advisors and organisation including (but not limited too) Enfield HR services, Occupational Health services, pay roll. Leading in tendering process if and when required.
- To be responsible for the completion of all HR related paperwork ensuring that it is correctly authorised and accurately completed, including personally completing complex contracts and SIMs entry if necessary
- To ensure that HR files and data bases are accurately maintained, stored and destroyed/deleted when necessary.
- To manage the Payroll Manager to ensure payroll functions accurately and promptly.
- To report on HR matters to the Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body on a regular basis.
- To be aware of, and comply with, policies and procedures relating to child protection; health and safety; confidentiality; and data protection and report all concerns to the relevant person.
- To oversee and take overall responsibility for the maintenance of the Single Central Record; ensuring it meets the OFSTED standards, current legislation and local authority guidelines. To work with the Headteacher and Governing Body to implement meaningful audits take place.
- To complete and submit the School Workforce return.
- Support the TUPE process and HR related changes if the school converts to be part of a Multi Academy Trust.
- Advise the Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body on annual pay awards for teaching and support staff and oversee the implementation of the annual pay awards once approved.
- Work closely with the Finance Team to support the development of the school budget with regards to current and future staff costs.
- Act as gatekeeper for the school with in respect of HR advice from legal advisors
- Act at key lead to ensure all HR policies and procedures are up to date in terms of best practice and legislative changes.
- To develop and embed absence management good practice and expertise, including referrals to Occupational Health services, external partners and using internal wellbeing provision. Putting in place risk assessments if and when necessary.
- To manage and report staff absence in accordance to the Health and Attendance Policy.
- Liaise and support the Senior Leadership Team with any matters relating to staff discipline, competency and grievance, including taking minutes in meetings and possible investigations.
- To be a member of the staff wellbeing group.
Appraisal and Disciplinary Processes
- In liaison with the Senior Leadership Team, oversee the administration of the Appraisal process for Teaching and Support staff. Support with the use of Bluesky online platform.
Recruitment and Retention
- Ensure that all HR recruitment practice complies with legal requirements and best practice.
- Ensure that safer recruitment practices detailed with Keeping Children Safe in Education, or other relevant legislation, is adhered to.
- To manage the recruitment budget in liaison with the Finance Team.
- In liaison with the Senior Leadership Team to be responsible for all aspects of the internal and external recruitment process.
- To oversee the completion of probationary documentation.
- Collect and collate data regarding adherence to the Equalities Act
- Liaise with appropriate Governor to arrange Exit Interviews.
Training and Development
- Ensure that school leaders receive the necessary coaching and training to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to manage their teams and implement HR policies.
- To manage the HR team on a day to day basis ensuring that all internal controls and procedures are adhered too. Additionally, that all deadlines both internal and external are met with full compliance.
- To lead the HR team; carrying out effective appraisal, supporting and encouraging their professional development and supporting their wellbeing.
- To provide leadership and mentoring to team members, including training, managing workloads, delegating and stepping in as required
- To make day to day decisions with regards to HR issues, advising the Headteacher of any conflicts or staffing concerns
Interviews Friday 10th June