Leeds - Agile Homeworking
£33,406.24 rising to £34,061.27
Our client is on the lookout for a Payroll Specialist to join their brilliant People and Culture team.
Joining a fabulous team, you will be ensuring all colleagues are paid on time in accordance with their contract of employment, you will also make sure that there is full compliance with statutory requirements and financial legislation. We also need you to be an expert in professional payroll and pension service for statutory and procedural matters.
What they’re all about
You might think of them as ‘just’ a housing provider. They own and manage nearly 20,000 homes (and counting) across Yorkshire and our mission is to make it possible for current and future tenants to have a place they’re proud to call home. They’re all about the customer, and their service doesn’t stop once the keys are in the door.
They value their employees and we need to ensure they have a correct level of support in place for when they need them. So by having a confident, knowledgeable payroll specialist in their team, they can ensure their employees have everything they need, from questions about pensions to expenses this is a varied role where there is lots to get your teeth stuck into.
What you’ll be getting up to
- Processing Payroll in a timely and accurate manner, including all statutory payments such as SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP are adhered to and NMW and salary sacrifice rules are met
- Complete the processing of pension administration, ensuring pension auto-enrolment is supported and maintained accurately, working closely with third party pension provider to deliver an effective and efficient service
- Responding to and resolving queries on a range of payroll and pension issues from managers, colleagues and third parties whilst escalating any areas of concern or risk to the relevant person
- Maintaining and ensuring delivery of third-party payments including HMRC, pension and other benefits
- Compiling all year end data to comply with both internal and external audit requirements
Sounds good? Here’s what they need from you…
- Ideally, you'll be CIPP qualified
- It would bonus if you had experience of using Cascade and working in an operational HR function
- Extensive knowledge and experience of UK payroll operations and current statutory legislation (SSP / SMP / PAYE / NIC etc) and pension requirements
- Previous experience of working in a stand-alone role delivering payroll with the use of IRIS payroll systems
- Initiative and problem solving – conscientious problem solver with the ability to streamline processes to ensure it meets the needs of the business whilst maximising efficiencies
- Collaborative – operates with colleagues and stakeholders across the business to deliver joint success, able to build and maintain effective relationships whilst working as part of a team.
- Accuracy – possesses a high degree of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Methodical and well organised with an ability to plan work priorities to achieve deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including word/excel/outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations.
What’s in it for you
In return, they offer a salary of £33,406.24 rising to £34,061.27 in October 2022 per annum for a 35-hour week, 25 days annual leave (raising annually to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays.
They also work (truly) flexibly, and believe work is something you do, not somewhere you go.
But that’s not all. They offer a reward package to suit everyone. You can claim back for prescriptions, eye tests and more with their cash plan, make the most of a variety of retail discounts and take advantage of their pension scheme where they’ll match your contributions up to 9%, just to name a few.
Their people’s health and wellbeing is one of their top priorities, and you can make the most of their readily available wellbeing support package. This includes access to a library of free fitness classes, as well as an instant My GP service and free counselling sessions with a trained professional.
So, now you’re really interested?
They’re actively building a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where everyone can contribute their best work and be themselves. They believe difference is what makes them stronger and recognise the importance of their teams reflecting the communities they serve, so they welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds for this role.
The fine print
The closing date for applications will be 31st May 2022 but they might close it early if we get lots of fab candidates, so don’t wait!