The CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel Development) is working with the Careers and Enterprise Company on a mission to help every young person to find their best next step.
We need professionals to help schools and colleges develop meaningful careers programmes, helping young people to get their foot in the door and boosting their prospects. In turn, volunteers get the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge as well as a renewed sense of purpose.
Providing careers education in schools and colleges is essential to help students regain confidence in their future. More than ever, they need help to understand the opportunities available and how to access them.
How can I help?
We are recruiting volunteers across England to join the Enterprise Adviser Network, which is funded and run by the Careers and Enterprise Company.
Enterprise Advisers are volunteers who work directly with local school leadership teams to help them develop an outstanding careers programme and raise the aspirations of young people. They also work to create connections between schools and local employers, to bring the world of work to life for students.
You will be:
- an experienced professional able to influence and create strategic initiatives.
- dedicated to making a lasting impact on the future of young people.
- comfortable with working with a school’s senior leadership team.
- able to volunteer one to five hours a month (includes at least one meeting with a matched school per half term, for example, every two months) for one academic year.
You can expect:
- to improve your skills in relationship management, analytical thinking, strategic planning and communication.
- a better understanding of the education landscape.
- exposure to new experiences and wider networks.
- a renewed sense of purpose, including at work.
How to apply
To get started click apply, and complete the short expression of interest form. We will then be in touch with further information. The CIPD is the professional body for HR and people development and are working with the funder to recruit volunteers.)
We have recruited over 1,000 professionals from the people profession, and wider industry and business professions, to volunteer in schools. We look forward to you joining the growing network of volunteers supporting young people as they begin their journey into the world of work.
For any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website