“Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated and passionate about what they do”. – Nelson Mandela
At our hotels, we want to offer everyone who walks through our doors an amazing experience. We offer a very personal blend of empowerment, enlightenment, and engagement and seek the remarkable in the everyday and everything that goes into our unique hotels.
Most of all we seek exceptional people who embody and role model our person-centred, dedicated and refined values.
You are a dynamic, dedicated, passionate and proactive individual with excellent HR operational knowledge, a natural coaching style and business acumen who is, committed to work in partnership with others to make a measurable difference. With both strategic and hands-on ownership for making TLC Group Hotels the best employer in the sector, you will lead the way in championing a people led culture.
You are driven and passionate about person centred leadership, HR Business Partnering and developing others to be the best that they can be which in turn will maximise performance and the overall customer experience.
Use of extensive HR experience to develop a culture of best practice within the hotels with a focus on organisational development, coaching, learning and development, shaping culture, employee engagement, employee wellness and ensuring the hotel groups are established as employers of choice. Work closely with the Board to execute the TLC hotels strategy and corporate objectives whilst embedding outstanding people practices and enabling high performance and commitment through effective coaching of our hotels leadership teams.
- To work at both a strategic and operational level and enjoy the challenge of responding to the needs of a diverse workforce in a growing organisation
- To understand the needs of the business, so that effective HR strategies can be implemented throughout
- To manage and handle all HR provisions throughout all business units
- To implement the HR strategy for the business and coach leaders to drive person centred leadership and create a one team approach.
- To develop, coach and educate the leadership teams in all aspects of HR and support their continuous learning
- To advise The Board on HR policies and strategies ensuring that the approach to HR is aligned to business objectives and HR best practice.
- To provide guidance and advise to the leadership team and/or heads of department with regards to HR casework and conduct and/or support through processes such as investigations, disciplinary hearings, grievance hearings, appeals hearings and informal conflict resolution.
- To carry out an HR analysis for the business, identifying areas of improvement and putting forward action plans for these areas, so they can be dealt with promptly and efficiently
- To develop and deliver presentations, leadership programmes, HR training programme and engagement and wellness sessions in line with the company’s business objectives
- To develop and implement change management programmes whilst driving organisational changes and employee engagement
- To develop and implement HR initiatives to achieve the business’ KPIs
- To develop and implement resourcing strategies to ensure that the business has the right resources in the right place at the right time in line with succession planning and talent management strategies.
- To ensure HR Stats are within target, including zero agency across the business. Where appropriate, conduct detailed assessments to eliminate the cause of non-compliance
- To develop and implement recruitment strategies to become an employer of choice, offering competitive packages and second to none training programmes so we can nurture and retain talent
- To develop and deliver robust learning programmes, incorporating learning strategies and career development plans for all roles across the business.
- To set up and embed apprenticeships across the hotel group and coach and support learners enabling them to fully utilise their learning.
- To drive strategies for recruitment, retention, wellness and employee engagement
- Achieve a 90% retention rate of high performing employees
- To identify, research, develop and implement learning and training programmes to cover the needs of the hotel leadership teams.
- To develop and implement robust and effective inductions for all positions in the business
- To embed an effective ‘Managing our People’ programme to include recruitment, people performance, learning and development, talent management, career progression strategies and continuous learning strategies across all businesses
- To support the board in reviewing organisational structures where appropriate and advise on potential options with evidence based criteria.
- To lead, support, coach and inspire others to deliver outcomes for the business.
- To drive leadership development and engagement through some of the following initiatives: Monthly Leadership sessions, Team Development, Leading Change, Charismatic Leadership in line with the DISC model, Best Practice Recruitment and Selection, Impact and Influence, Accountability and Authenticity, , Delegation, Coaching, Compliance, Career Development, Conflict Resolution, Active Listening, Disciplinary and Grievances and Absence Management, etc.
- To develop a mentor and mentee program to ensure a mentoring culture and internal knowledge transfer
- UK citizen or valid work permit
- Driver’s license
- 5 days a week onsite presence at hotels (predominantly Cambridge)
- Highly competent in the use of the Microsoft application suite
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Previous people consulting and coaching experience
- Level 5 CIPD qualification partnered with cross industry HR experience
- Understanding and knowledge of personality profiles such as Thomas International, Facet Five etc
- Previous experience of coaching and developing others to fulfil their potential.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively at all levels both written and verbal
- Ability to design, deliver and facilitate training workshops & programmes
- Understanding of current and future people needs, ability to make decisions and resolve problems promptly
- Innate skills of empathy, patience, and sensitivity
- Organised whilst being flexible and adaptable with changing business needs
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
- Commitment to enhancing the lives of others through effective HR support and coaching.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Passionate about people and performance
- High attention to detail
- Highly organised with ability to multi-task and time manage
- Desire to continually improve through on-going training & development
- Committed to monthly CPD and sharing knowledge with others.
- Open to new ideas
- Cultural awareness and ability to create and champion an inclusive culture
- Able to multi-task and time manage
- Ability to work autonomously as well as with all parts of the business
In exchange for your efforts and dedication we offer a fantastic place to work, an opportunity to shape the culture of a new hotel and a comprehensive benefits package. If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ’apply’.