As our People Development Manager, you will be at the forefront of providing a creative, dynamic and positive culture of people and talent development, happiness and excellence to the team of The Sporting House. You will lead the development of the ‘Develop’ and ‘Retain’ aspects of the organisation and contribute to the achievement of company vision and mission.
Reporting into the Head of People and Culture, this role will drive the future HR strategy and innovation of our business, deliver a transformational approach to managing people and HR systems in line with our people strategy and provide leaderships to our managements team to help us recruit, train, develop and retain the leading talent in leisure ensuring Sporting House has a thriving and high-quality workforce to achieve customer excellence and be the Employer of Choice in the industry.
- Develop a clear strategy, design methodology and ensure the business executes on tactics to become the Employer of Choice and a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer.
- Develop and implement people development and management innovation, strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall people strategy.
- Support our employee engagement platform, measuring staff satisfaction and identifying areas of improvement, acting on these and driving positive change
- Build excellent relationships with managers to equip them with the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage people issues independently.
- Work with People team and collaborate business wide to design, implement and inspire a framework of coaching and mentoring opportunities to develop people at all levels within the organisation.
- Through effective use of strategic partners, support managers in more complex people cases such as performance management, absence management, investigations, disciplinary etc.
- Play an active part in the storytelling of our people across the Sporting House brand
- Lead the opportunities for an array of employee benefits, rewards and recognition schemes to drive happiness and satisfaction in their roles and time with the organisation.
- Work closely with the Talent Resource Manager to ensure the talent that enter the organisation are developed and retained and have opportunities to progress and be able to thrive.
- Support the Head of People with internal cultural events, messaging and storytelling standing by as a People Champion.
- Manage our People systems and technology; leading the people coordinators on accuracy of data input, producing regular reports as required.
- Lead and inspire responsibility in the people coordinator and in partnership with the Talent Resource Team to take control of an efficient and successful aspects of transactional HR including issuing contracts, offer letters, monthly payroll activities, pensions schemes etc
- Support the leadership team on people aspects of any change management activities within the business.
- Ensure compliance with all existing legal requirements and with support from the Head of People, advise senior management on the impact of prospective new legislation.
- Inspire the Sporting House teams through smart ways of working, high-quality and open and honest culture.
- Continuously improve through feedback and actively seek opportunities to expand skill set and subject areas to expand the provision of people processes
- Implement and maintain quality policies and processes to ensure HR Excellence in provision and ensure equality of access to opportunities.
Person Specification D = Desirable / E = Essential
Skills and Attributes (E)
- Be self-reflective, with authenticity and an approachable, genuine desire to invest in people.
- Be able to communicate effectively, openly, and transparently.
- Be able to organise self and others with good planning and preparation skills.
- Be able to act with high level of integrity and accuracy.
- Ability to adapt approaches to meet individual learning styles and team needs.
- Demonstrate a determined and committed approach to quality of excellent standards.
- Proven ability to provide high quality and effective feedback to mentor, guide and influence others.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to support effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally and with key team-mates and stakeholders.
- Has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Demonstrates high energy at all times.
- Excellent communication, presentation and digital technology/I. T skills.
- Can follow organizational processes and procedures.
- Able to work remotely with initiative and as part of a national team.
- Has the mental wellbeing to look after self and others.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- A passion for the industry and change.
- Ability to travel nationally and to stay away overnight when required.
- Ability to drive with a full UK driving license.
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven working experience as People Manager, successfully leading a team of people
- CIPD qualified (minimum level 5) or a commitment to work towards and develop within the role / Degree in Human Resources (D)
- Knowledge of people processes and procedures (D)
- Previous experience developing and executing on strategy (E)
- Experience working with a diverse team and striving for fairness in hiring all races, genders and ages (E)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (E)
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills (E)
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously (E)