The role will provide expert generalist HR and employee relations advice. It will provide coaching to people leaders in the management of employee relations/policy issues, including but not limited to conduct, capability, attendance management, performance, and organisational change, through the application of HR and other organisational policies and procedures.
The advisor will support and develop policies and procedures in line with current legislation and aligned to the organisational strategies and plans.
The HR adviser will work in conjunction with HRBPs to plan activities that enable a more positive employee relations experience, improve people leader capability, and reduce formal cases.
It is essential that applicants have:
* Practical experience of managing ER issues and HR case management, from informal meetings through to dismissals and appeals.
* Must have strong written communication skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively translate complex information into common terms.
* Demonstrable experience in being able to effectively explain and interpret organisational policies and procedures.
* Up to date and good knowledge of employment law.
* To have experience in supporting low level change programmes with good knowledge on employment legislation around consultation processes.
* Ability to create strong collaborative relationships with all colleagues.
* Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to influence appropriately with all stakeholders including people leaders, colleagues, and trade union representatives.
* Ability to research, analyse and reason logically and effectively within tight and conflicting timeframes.
* Experienced in producing reports/analysis on ER matters/activity.
* Ability to remain calm when working under pressure and demonstrate resilience.
* Experience of using above knowledge and skills in a trade - unionised organisation.
* Fully qualified member of CIPD or working towards CIPD.