Homebased (some travel to Guildford)
£24,840 - £30,360
12 month FTC
Purpose of Role
The People officer will be the initial point of contact for HR related queries in line with the employee life cycle. The role holder will undertake specific role-based projects and initiatives to improve the delivery of HR services in line with the People and Engagement strategy.
* To provide HR support throughout the employee lifecycle including, onboarding, recruitment, learning and development, wellbeing, performance and absence management.
* To take lead on the recruitment and selection process, working alongside managers to ensure inclusive recruitment methods are used
* To contribute towards improving existing procedures where necessary and to ensure these processes remain user friendly and efficient. Ensuring all paperwork and data is accurate and effectively stored in line with data protection and for clear access.
* To produce reports and management information that can be used for strategic consideration with analysis and recommendations as appropriate.
* To work with the Head of HR to advise managers in the role as line manager and as they carry out people management responsibilities.
* Support the Head of HR with the implementation of a new training plan and performance management cycle for the business
* To be active in supporting the development and maintenance of a culture that promotes equality and values diversity, through implementation of appropriate systems and communication with staff
* Support the Head of HR with ongoing work related to staff engagement projects
* To manage the new starters and leavers processes for all staff dealing with queries as required. This includes all permanent and service level agreements.
* Review sickness absence and undertake relevant interventions, including referrals to Occupational Health and advice to managers on phased return
* Working in partnership with line managers to support the implementation of HR policies procedures and guides
* Some previous HR experience gained at either advisor or assistant level.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.