HR Advisor required interim for 12 moths Part time 22.5 hours
Your main responsibilities
* provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on HR policies, practices, and procedures.
* deputise for the HR Business Partners in their absence.
* ensure accurate absence data is collected and recorded in a timely and effective manner; and
* provide administrative support to the HR/occupational health unit function.
* support the HR Business Partners and managers with the effective management of people-related issues including Attendance Management and Discipline and Grievance;
* assist with the maintenance and development of HR policies and procedures and the design and delivery of training to managers;
* develop and maintain appropriate office systems to ensure the efficient organisation of all records and ensure that they are kept secure at all times in accordance with Data Protection requirements and undertake any other duties commensurate with the overall purpose of the job and the grade.
* be the first point of contact for directors, managers and employees contacting the Human Resources for advice and guidance on the interpretation and application of policies and procedures at all levels within the organisation
* provide assistance to HR Business Partners with disciplinary cases including preparing hearing papers, supporting managers on panels and arranging hearings/appeals, including taking notes at investigation meetings, hearings and other meetings as required
* monitor the HR Advisor inbox, ensuring that emails are acknowledged and actioned as appropriate.
* support managers to conduct sickness absence home visits, welfare meetings and formal sickness absence meetings
* be responsible for the collation of accurate absence data, whether input centrally or at remote sites. Identifying cases, which need referral to Occupational Health Unit (OHU);
* be responsible for the maintenance of HR information including accurate record keeping, reporting, and maintaining the information management systems
* manage the OHU process to ensure the accurate and timely referrals to the OHU provision and relevant services, such as physiotherapy, counselling including invoices are processed in a timely manner
* working with the HRBP ensure that policies, procedures and associated documents for the Human Resources Team are updated and fit for purpose and contribute to the formulation, revision and implementation of policies, procedures and processes to meet the organisation's requirements, taking account of relevant employment law
* support the recruitment process by proving guidance as and when required and attendance on interview panels; liaise with Payroll, researching and resolving problems and performing scheduled activities including changes to employee records in accordance with payroll deadlines
* be the first point of contact and responsible for the processing of maternity, paternity, parental leave and special leave; and
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.