What We Need:
Hangar 13, a new and growing games studio, is looking for a Human Resources Manager to work closely with H13’s management and other HR partners to plan and manage all aspects of human resources activities. This will include but is not limited to employee relations, onboarding/offboarding, training and development, benefits and leaves of absence administration, policy compliance, and payroll administration. Serves as advocate for employees’ needs and ensures employees are supported.
What You Will Do:
- Partners with studio leadership to establish and support a strong, positive studio culture and inclusive environment; creates a safe space for candidates and employees to experience
- Works collaboratively with studio management and recruitment team to support recruiting plans and activities including but not limited to coordination of candidate experience
- Plans and conducts employee orientation activities to foster positive attitude toward studio goals and integration of new hires
- Develops, plans, and/or manages employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counselling, employee development and career planning, policy interpretation and compliance, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs
- Facilitates effective and positive resolution of employee issues, displaying a genuine interest and respect for people and their concerns
- Partners with H13 management and other HR partners to communicate employee concerns/requests, anticipate issues, and recommend resolution
- Partners with H13 management to determine training and development requirements, including but not limited to career planning and coaching
- Coordinates employee transfer/relocation activities
- Works closely with Legal department to coordinate work permits and visas for any foreign employees/candidates
- Manages company HRIS system, ensuring information is entered in a timely and accurate manner
- Promotes and coordinates studio wellness initiatives
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness and compliance
- Ensures compliance with employment laws and company guidelines
- Maintains a variety of HR records including but not limited to insurance, performance reviews, government reporting, and employee transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, terminations
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation; conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations; provides periodic reports to studio manager
- Manages company payroll and timekeeping system, ensuring entries are complete and accurate; works closely with T2 HR team to ensure payroll accuracy and identify/correct any discrepancies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field and 5+ years’ experience in a human resources generalist function or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS systems; Workday experience a plus
- Game industry experience a plus
- Proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, candidates, and groups of managers
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Thorough understanding of human resources principles and practices, including but not limited to wage and hour, employment law, safety, and immigration
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your entrepreneurial nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.