Talent Acquisition Specialist
Your new company
A company in Halifax are looking to recruit an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the expanding HR team on a full-time permanent basis. Hybrid working offered with one day per week in the office.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be a pro-active and organised individual who will coordinate all recruitment activities in across the UK business. Working closely with recruiting managers and the HR Business Partners, this role will be a crucial resource in ensuring they attract the best possible talent to business. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for the entire recruitment process from approval through to onboarding and everything in between.
Your new role
* Liaising with the recruiting manager to ensure a clear recruitment plan is in place for each role in terms of sourcing candidates
* Identifying the best possible method(s) of recruitment to yield the very best talent. At the same time, ensuring this is done in the most cost-effective way to the business
* Work with HRBP's to understand the internal Talent Pool to see if vacancies can be filled by moves/promotion
* Build up and maintain a Talent Pool with speculative CV's or, by actively contacting / headhunting candidates
* Writing engaging advert content
* CV screening
* Assisting managers with a suitable shortlist of candidates in line with the requirements for the role
* Answering queries from candidates throughout the process ensuring a positive experience throughout
* Pre-screening candidates over the phone / Teams
* Devising and putting in place template interview questions / assessment tools to ensure the best possible talent is selected.
* Designing and planning assessment centres where applicable
* Carrying out first and second stage interviews if required
* Providing feedback to candidates over the phone and on email
* Keeping recruiting managers and the HR team up to date with the status and progress of each vacancy
* Communicating offers of employment with candidates
* Reviewing Exit Interview data to understand why employees choose to leave the business
* Working with the HR Coordinator to ensure pre-employment checks, offers letters, new starter paperwork, and onboarding activities are in place
* Providing additional support to the HR team as and when required, this could include covering the HR Inbox in the absence of the HR Coordinator, supporting any HR initiatives and projects etc.
* Any other duties required which are commensurate with this post
* Previous experience of working within a recruitment or a HR with a recruitment bias
* Strong organisational skills, the ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines
* Will be comfortable in dealing with managers at various levels within the business
* Will have experience of working with social media platforms and online recruitment sourcing methods
* Excellent customer service skills as this role is the first impression people have of the Company
* Excellent IT skills including proficiency in using Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
* Very strong administrative skills - maintaining records, letter writing, diary management etc.
* Excellent communicator both verbally and written
What you'll get in return
Salary of up to £30000 per annum, company sick pay, 26 days annual leave rising to 28 (+ Book Your Birthday Off Work), pension, BUPA Cash Plan Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Bike2Work, free onsite parking, hybrid working and long service recognition.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.