We are at a pivotal moment: the climate and biodiversity crises are deepening, and inequalities are even more marked in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. The global investment system has an oversized impact on many of these global challenges. We want to make sure that impact is positive. At ShareAction, we work with investors, policymakers and individuals to unleash the positive potential of the investment system. We aim to build a world where our financial system serves our planet and its people.
ShareAction’s People team plays a pivotal role in driving us towards achieving our mission. You’ll be joining a team at the heart of everything we do, supporting the organisation to grow and develop, while harnessing its internal culture and ensuring we live up to our values. You’ll help recruit new, passionate team members and also assist existing staff, supporting them to develop and implementing the policies and procedures that determine the way we work.
We are looking for a new Senior HR Officer to join our growing People team to help us meet our ambitious goals. ShareAction is going through a period of significant growth, and we are at a really exciting time of starting to implement a wide range of new and initiative projects/ways of working, If you are forward-thinking, intellectually curious and keen to learn, this role will be perfect for you.
You will be working closely with our other Senior HR Officer, managing all aspects of the employee lifecycle, maintaining employee records and supporting the Senior HR Manager and Director of People in the development and implementation of new HR policies, processes and initiatives across ShareAction.
This is a generalist role working on all sorts of exciting projects, such as Mental Health and Wellbeing, Learning and Development, Onboarding, Recruitment, Reward and Remuneration, systems and more.
You will be dealing with general day-to-day queries with the support of both the Senior HR Manager and Senior HR Officer and will receive continual on-the-job training and support.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be managing all administrative aspects of the employee lifecycle, including attraction, recruitment, onboarding, L&D, retention, engagement and offboarding with guidance and support from the Senior HR Manager and Senior HR Officer
- You’ll be supporting our development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- You’ll be administrating ShareAction’s HR systems, including (but not limited to) Cezanne (our main HR system), HowNow, OfficeVibe and Typeform
- You’ll be ensuring that maintenance of employee records are updated in a timely manner and compliance checks are carried out
- You’ll be providing ad-hoc advice to staff across ShareAction on our policies and procedures as requested
- You’ll be managing general queries, such as responding to emails in our recruitment inbox and dealing with day-to-day matters arising in the HR sphere
- You’ll be taking a lead in supporting the Senior HR Manager with redesigning ShareAction’s management information
- You’ll be responsive and supportive to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. We are very supportive of the rest of the organisation and from time to time will be expected to ‘muck in’
What you’ll bring to the team
- You’ll need to be a team player; we are keen to have your thoughts and input into any project we undertake
- You will be the main point of contact for all candidates; we pride ourselves on our high-quality customer service in this regard and would expect you to also show a high level of good customer service and/or have experience of this in any capacity
- We use and are administrators of a few different systems (listed above); although you don’t need to have experience of these, you’ll need an aptitude for IT and systems
- You’ll have CIPD level 3 or equivalent experience
- You’ll have great organisational and prioritisation skills as the role is so varied
- You’ll have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
What we will do for you
- We will support you in any training you require for our systems; we don’t expect you to have used any of them before. We will also provide you with other development opportunities not relating to our systems or even HR
- Our work is very varied and as a generalist, you have opportunities to have an impact on our different projects
- We have weekly team meetings and constantly keep each other in the loop with what is happening in the organisation
Hours: Full-time, but with some flexibility possible
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £34,450 plus 8% pension (non-contributory) and benefits, including a healthcare scheme
For further information and to apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.
Closing date: 9am, Tuesday 5th July 2022.
Interview date: First-round interviews will take place the week commencing 11th July 2022; there will be two rounds of interviews.
ShareAction values and respects all differences in people (seen and unseen) and welcomes applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries. We are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities and so if you are not 100 per cent sure that you meet all the requirements but believe you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and use the application questions to tell us about your experience and what you hope to bring to this role.
We also actively encourage staff to work in ways that best suit their needs, and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available, such as part-time and term-time working, job sharing, home working and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
ShareAction’s London office is based in vibrant Bermondsey and a short walk from London Bridge underground and national rail. Remote working will remain the norm for many ShareAction staff as we continue to face the Covid-19 pandemic, with office space available in London for those who wish to use it.
Please note that to be considered for this post, you must be legally eligible to work in the UK. Due to current restrictions, we are unable to hire anyone that isn’t already living in the UK. Due to our size, we are unable to sponsor visas.