Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with a local public body to recruit for an HR Digital and Performance Lead to join their team. The HR Digital and Performance Lead will be a key member of the HR department, reporting directly to the Head of Total Reward and HR Systems. Through strong and professional thought leadership, the post holder will manage provisions for HR Systems, Analytics and Performance Management. This will include leading the maintenance and improvement of the current HR IT systems. Overseeing the delivery of regular HR reporting; Defining and implementing a strategic approach to HR data analytics for HR and the business. Finally, ensuring the Performance Management process is aligning work activities and outputs with organisational objectives through measurement to cultivate a performance culture. The post holder will also lead our digital transformation of HR services and processes through the use of social, mobile, analytics and cloud technologies. This will include acting as HR lead for upgrade to a cloud system and the utilisation of non-coding tools to streamline the automation of internal process and reporting.
Your new role
* Manage the introduction of a new HR system and ensure HR systems are maintained during the transition period and any future HR related IT migration activities
* Transformation of HR services and processes through the use of various digital platforms to become automated and data-driven
* Lead charge on the utilisation of non-coding tools to streamline work activity.
* Oversee the deployment of any related HR systems and ensuring they can interface with master data system
* Ensuring the provision of strategic HR management information and performance data including reward and benefits audits
* Lead on the specification, design, build and implementation and go-live phases of HR systems projects providing expertise from both an HR and systems perspective
* Work with teams across HR to develop systems and processes to improve the efficiency of how they deliver services to the business
* Use process improvement techniques to review existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement
* Ensure effective management systems are in place to record and provide information and required analysis, to support the production of returns on all HR aspects of progress on targets
* Oversee the development and delivery of appropriate training to end users of the new systems Management of the day to day relationship with supporting third party IT suppliers
* Ensure all HR IT systems are maintained and supervise appropriate quality assurance tests are carried out on system upgrades.
* Keep up to date with the external environment and ensure that HR systems and reporting continue to be compliant with data protection principles, GDPR and related legislation
* Analyse People data to provide insightful and meaningful trends, which contribute to strategic decision making across the HR Directorate.
* Develop reports and dashboards to support business activity using a variety of reporting tools - Excel, Power BI and OBIEE.
* Supporting the HR Senior Management team by reporting on trends and highlights from HR projects and activities to EC and other stakeholders as required
* Support the Diversity and Inclusion efforts by defining the data requirements and development of appropriate PowerBI.
* Supervise the delivery of regular HR reporting requirements - attendance, headcount, workforce planning, returns to the equality commission
* Collecting MIP data and ensuring reporting is accurate and scheduled
* Lead the annual Performance Management Process and ensure that it is effectively communicated across the company and adhered to by line managers
* Oversee the design and implementation of a new Performance Management System which is bespoke to NI Water and has the ability to drive new levels of organisational performance and efficiency
* Work closely with Learning and Development to tie the Performance Management System with the Competency Framework and Company Values, which provides employees with direction and supports a high-performance culture
* Work closely with Compensation & Benefits to align performance and reward.
* Deploy existing Performance Management tools to Frontline employees.
* Maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders - The Financial Systems team, Business Improvement team, Pensions Scheme, Fujitsu, Capita and Mercer.
* Written and verbal communications to a wide variety of audiences -the Executive Committee, FAQ documents for employees, training and process documentation for the HR team
* Preparing project plans and other project documentation;
* Reporting against plans to Project Boards, maintaining risk/issue registers where appropriate, and developing and communicating exception plans when necessary.
BUDGET AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage a small team of analysts.
What you'll need to succeed
* Degree level qualification (preferably Information Systems, Business or HR related) and
* A minimum of 4 years' HR system, analytics and performance management experience.
* Recent experience in design, implementing, developing or testing HR or Payroll IT systems in a complex business environment.
* Recent experience and knowledge of data collection, manipulation tools and techniques, data cleansing, validation and verification and analysis.
* Highly proficient with MS Excel and Power BI.
* Experience of design and implementing a cloud HR system including all migration activity within a large organisation.
* Experience in revamping the performance management process for the organisation.
* Knowledge of Power Query and DAX.
* Experience of Oracle eBusiness Suite HR and Payroll modules.
* Highly proficient communication skills, in particular in turning data into informative and convincing narrative.
* Experience of developing reports using management information software such as OBIEE, Business Objects or equivalent.
What you'll get in return
* Temporary position 10-12 months
* Full time, 37 hours per week
* Hourly rate from £15.80 per hour
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.