Equality and Inclusion Manager
Birmingham (B37 7YN)
£48,926 - £54,972
Permanent, Full Time
(Monday – Friday, Flexible Working)
Do you want to work for an organisation that supports work life balance? If so, our client may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
They are seeking an Equality and Inclusion Manager to lead Citizen in their next steps to meeting their EDI objectives and ambitions. They have made a lot of progress but we want to find someone who can ensure they meet their responsibilities, but also to go further to address issues of inclusion and equality within our organisation and their communities. The commitment to improving inclusion and equality is organisation wide and you will provide expert advice and information to colleagues, Senior and Executive Leadership Teams as well as Boards and Committees.
You will proactively lead the redevelopment and implementation of their Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Strategy embedding a programme of activities and projects to meet their objectives and EDI commitments.
Alongside this, you will also:
- Provide overall subject expert leadership, coordination, development, review and assessment of equality and diversity issues and how this affects their service delivery and employment and recruitment approaches.
- Lead on the overall reporting to the EDI Staff Forum, Board and Committees on delivery of their EDI Strategy objectives and annual monitoring report for publication.
- Champion an organisational culture that values equality and diversity across the group – in all dealings staff have with colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Lead on designated Equalities related projects as agreed with the Head of Performance, Insight & Equalities and monitor implementation.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A degree level education or equivalent through relevant training/ experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Knowledge of the Equalities legislation and application of the Public Sector Equality duty in a regulated sector/organisation
- Operational experience gained within social housing sector or similar regulated sector
- Demonstrate understanding of and a commitment to principles of equality and diversity
- Strong communication and network-building skills
So, if you think you have the technical know-how and can demonstrate the people skills they’re looking for, they really want to hear from you!
As well as a generous benefits package, they enable all to achieve the best possible balance between work and personal life and provide opportunities for everyone to reach their full potential.
They are committed to diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from everyone.
They adopt a proactive approach to safeguarding to ensure everyone accessing their services can do so without fear of harm, abuse or neglect. As part of their recruitment process, they carry out robust safeguarding checks.
This post is subject to a Basic DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service).
Please note they will be reviewing applications throughout the campaign and may invite candidates to interview at any time. They reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published closing date should a suitable candidate be identified.
Closing date: 11th July 2022
Interview date: W/C 11th July 2022