HR Advisor (Generalist) | Permanent | £28k - £31.4k DOE | Manchester Centre | Hybrid
Exciting, unique organisation based in Manchester City Centre currently seeking a HR Advisor (generalist) to join their welcoming HR team on a permanent basis. An excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic HR professional looking to take the next step in their career in a role that offers lots of exposure to all elements of HR.
Your new Job
Within your new role you will provide generalist HR support and advice within a small, dedicated HR team, to ensure the delivery of an efficient and effective wide ranging professional HR service. Mainly self-directed, you will be expected to contribute towards the delivery of specific areas of HR activity. The organisation operates using a blended working approach, supporting all employees to grow and progress within their career.
The ideal candidate will be a true generalist and be able to support with all aspects of HR including the employee lifecycle, recruitment, ER casework, project work and all other HR related areas. To be successful within this role you will be a flexible person with an open outlook and able to excel in a working environment where no two days are the same. You will be keen to learn and grow as a HR professional and be a helpful, self-sufficient individual.
Some of your responsibilities;
* Provide advice, guidance and support to line managers and staff on a variety of employment related matters, ensuring consistency of approach.
* Coordinate recruitment campaigns advising line managers on current procedures, best practice, ensuring all pre-employment checks are carried out.
* Develop and maintain the quality and accuracy of data held on the HR database, processing new starter info, updating staff data, and producing management reports as and when required.
* Participate and lead in areas as directed by HHR as part of the organisations continued development of Equality and Diversity initiatives.
* Undertake and manage complex casework in areas such as employee relations (discipline/grievance/capability), change management and legal compliance.
* Preparing draft Job Descriptions, Person Specifications and advertisement copy, and taking part in the selection interview process as required.
* Prepare and issue offer letters and contracts of employment.
* The development, revision and introduction of both existing and new policies.
* Produce management information as required on training expenditure.
* Participate in the delivery of induction training for new starters and advise and support line managers on the probationary process, ensuring effective record keeping is maintained.
* Provide information to payroll to process leavers, absence, promotions, changes to terms and conditions, invoicing and general correspondence etc.
* As required, attendance at departmental meetings (acting in an advisory capacity) contributing specialist advice as appropriate, ensuring managers are properly equipped to fulfil the obligations to staff for whom they are responsible.
What you'll need to succeed
* Relevant HR experience in a generalist human resources role.
* Experience of developing and introducing HR policies, systems and procedures.
* Excellent I.T skills including Word, Excel and HR database systems.
* Sound knowledge of relevant employment legislation.
* Excellent numeracy, literacy, written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including an ability to build professional working relationships working with a wide range of people.
* Proven ability to work and remain calm under pressure and prioritise a busy work schedule.
* Conscientious attitude with the ability to act on own initiative and problem solve, with proven pro-active attitude and enthusiasm
* An understanding of Equality and Diversity issues within the workplace.
* CIPD Qualified or equivalent
* Annual leave allowance starts at 22 days (increases with service up to 31 days) plus all Bank holidays plus 3 closedown days at Christmas
* Local Government Pension scheme membership that provides benefits for the member of staff and family
* Car park discount onsite
* Onsite canteen
* Employee Assistance Programme for members of staff and family, provides access to a range of advice and information and includes access to counselling
* Learning and development opportunities
* Staff Reward and Recognition Scheme
* Employee Well-being initiatives
* Enhanced sickness benefits/maternity/paternity/adoption etc.
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Unique working environment
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us directly. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion regarding your career.