Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust is a high performing organisation providing 999, NHS111 and non-emergency Patient Transport Services for a population of over 5m people. Our Vision is to be trusted as the best urgent and emergency care provider, with the best people and partnerships, delivering the best outcomes for patients.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Leadership and Organisational Development team as Senior Leadership and Organisational Development Business Partner.
You will provide specialist support to complex OD initiatives and improvements, promoting an integrated approach to organisational development with both internal and external partners focussed around delivering the Trust’s One Team, Best Care corporate strategy.
Please be aware, although the base location is listed as HQ, in the immediate term, staff within this role are expected to work remotely due to COVID-19 until October 2022 however, there may be an expectation to travel to other sites as an when necessary.
The role will be responsible for business partnering a defined group of senior managers and the Trust Management Group. You will be expected to build strong and close working relationships with key stakeholders and management, and apply a systematic, structured and people focussed approach to all leadership and OD initiatives aimed at improving overall performance and personal development.
You will lead on specific projects/portfolios of work, including the Trust-wide Staff Engagement planning and execution. You will lead and influence organisational improvement and change initiatives integral to embedding a just and learning culture with a psychologically safe, compassionate and inclusive environment that enables delivery of continuously improving high quality, safe and compassionate care.
In your role you will plan, drive and provide specialist OD support in line with strategic and operational plans and build leadership capacity and capability and identify initiatives to support continuous improvement through coaching and development.
Yorkshire Ambulance Service (YAS) NHS Trust geographically covers nearly 6,000 square miles of varied terrain, from isolated moors and dales to urban areas, coastline and inner cities.
We serve a population of over five million people across Yorkshire and the Humber and strive to ensure that patients receive the right response to their care needs as quickly as possible, wherever they live.
We employ more than 5,800 staff, who together with over 1,100 volunteers, enable us to provide a vital 24-hour, seven-days-a-week, emergency and healthcare service.
Our values: Compassion, One Team, Integrity, Innovation, Empowerment, Resilience are at the heart of all we do.
The Senior L&ODBP will assist with the leadership of the team, lead on specific projects/portfolios of work, be involved in senior level L&OD business partnering and in strategic L&OD interventions and deputise for the Head of L&OD as and when required.
Is this the next career development step for you? This is what you will need to bring:
- You will have experience of implementing organisational development interventions, with evidence of outcomes.
- Minimum of 2 years NHS experience or comparable complex organisation.
- You will ideally be CIPD qualified and educated to Master’s level or have the equivalent experience.
- substantive experience of designing and delivering leadership and organisational development.
- You will have strong communication and inter-personal skills giving the ability to influence at senior levels.
- You will have the ability to work autonomously supporting organisational development activity across the organisation.
- The successful candidate will be confident and effective at communicating and engaging with stakeholders, managing in a change consultancy style, and be able to demonstrate their ability to live our values, inspire and create an empowered working environment with our L&OD team to continue to flourish and in doing so, do their best for our staff and patients.
For full role and responsibilities please see attached Job Description.