Your responsibilities will include:
* Managing the organisations internal communication calendar, including channel planning and development, copy writing and designing creative assets. In effect you will be providing the air-traffic control to ensure that employees are informed, but not overwhelmed.
* Providing communications advice and guidance to colleagues at all levels, but in particular working with senior leaders to develop and implement engaging communications activity plans for key projects.
* Translating, often complex technical information and data into clear and engaging content.
* Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of our internal communication activity and researching new channels (including video/digital) and engagement ideas in line with industry best practice.
* Specifically you will be responsible for bringing your extensive Share Point skills to further develop and manage our highly successful intranet. The intranet is built on Share Point, and tasks include: building new pages, briefing new page editors, monitoring insights / statistics and advising colleagues on best practice.
Responsibility for the activity of the Internal Communication Executive and part-time Internal Communications Administrator (who is shared with our Talent Team). This will include working with them to further their skills,knowledge and ultimately their career development.
Where required, deputise for the Head of Internal Communication and/or represent internal communication at cross-department meetings.
Be the first port of call for employees regarding any internal communication support which is related to business as usual activities.
Work closely with the Internal Communications Manager for Transformation and Change who has a very different Internal Communications focus, however we always act as one team, consistently and professionally.
Provide communications support for any major incidents.
A minimum of five year's experience working within a communications team, delivering communication campaigns, and managing channels.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write content for different channels and audiences, turning complex messages into clear, consistent communications.
* Experience of delivering internal communications across digital platform.
Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to quickly establish positive relationships and professional credibility with colleagues at all levels.
* Excellent IT skills with good experience of the MS Office 365 Suite particularly Word, PowerPoint, Share Point and MS Teams.