- Location: Flexible
- Grade & Salary: £58,611 - £63,522 (Grade 10)
- Post number: 203295
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: 37 hours
- Closing date: 30 September 2022
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
As a member of the core Leadership Team of Natural Resources Wales (NRW), you will fulfil a key strategic role, alongside your functional responsibilities, in leading the transformation of NRW to deliver the sustainable management of natural resources.
To provide the Leadership role for Wales on the development of evidence to drive strategy to ensure we are an evidence based organisation. Leading programmes of work to integrate the objectives and principles of SMNR into corporate and functional policies, strategies plans and processes across the business.
You will provide high level influence and impact across NRW, WG, UK Government and Agencies, as well as the research community. You will lead the strategic approach to programme development in the department using a wide range of complex information and evidence with an emphasis on systems thinking to ensure NRW has a holistic approach to the environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the complex priorities, drivers and barriers faced by NRW, partners and stakeholders involved in developing and providing evidence for appraisal of options and outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the priorities of partners in the private, public, and third sector and the tools available to support opportunities for collaboration and delivery of environmental benefits to Wales.
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to Natural Resources & Well-Being, Integrated Delivery Mechanisms and Environmental Appraisal; Welsh & UK Governments & EU policy drivers in Natural Resources & Well-Being,
- Experience of: Research pertinent to Natural Resources & Well Being and the complex range of drivers and barriers to evidencing their delivery
- Experience of: Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and/or qualifications.
- Experience of: Representing the organization in high profile and contentious issues in the public arena.
- Experience of: Sharing your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, across a large organization.
To apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.