About Weill Cornell Medicine–Qatar (WCM-Q)
Weill Cornell Medicine–Qatar seeks to appoint a Director, Human Resources reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer.
Established in 2001 as a partnership between Cornell University and Qatar Foundation, WCM-Q is part of Cornell University in Ithaca and shares the tripartite mission of Weill Cornell Medicine in New York: A dedication to excellence in education, patient care, and research.
As the Director of Human Resources, you will lead and oversee all aspects of the HR function, playing a pivotal role in shaping WCM-Q’s human capital strategy. It involves providing guidance to the leadership team, spearheading the efforts to cultivate an enabling culture, achieving operational excellence within HR processes and systems, and ensuring compliance across these domains. This is a senior leadership position, requiring extensive experience, strategic thinking, and a deep understanding of HR practices. This role requires extensive experience with and a thorough understanding of U.S. employment laws. Preference would be given to individuals with experience in the United States and the Middle East, although not mandatory, including experience in sectors such as research, medical, or education.
Candidates possessing relevant experience are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is located in Doha, Qatar.
Key Job Responsibilities
Act as a strategic business advisor to the senior management, offering insights on key organizational and management matters. Design and implement HR plans and strategies aligned with the organization’s goals and priorities.
Evaluate existing organizational structures, and collaborate with divisions to implement workforce optimization plans, establishing a more agile organizational structure.
Lead the HR function in collaboration with a service-oriented team to improve processes, develop staff skills, and build an engaged, positive work environment.
Promote and lead employee engagement programs and initiatives to nurture a culture of excellence, respect, trust, and inclusion, enhancing the employee experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field with 15+ years of overall related experience including 8-10 years in a leadership role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in research, medical, or educational environment.
- Licenses and Certifications: PHR, SPHR, or CIPD Level 7 certification or similar is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with U.S. employment law and HR practices is essential.
- Strong understanding of employment laws, compliance issues, and best practices in the region is highly preferred.
- Ability to manage a diverse workforce and affinity for multicultural environments.
- Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to counsel and advise diverse stakeholders.
- Possess the ability to lead and mentor with exceptional negotiation and influencing skills.
We offer a competitive package with generous expatriation benefits including relocation, travel for self and family, housing, medical coverage, and private schooling for children.
Weill Cornell Medicine – Qatar is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine – Qatar provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without discrimination.