The HR Advisor reports to the Head of HR and will provide sound advice in relation to various HR and Employee Relations procedures, ensuring policies and best practice are adhered to. This Human Resources role will support the HR function in building an effective team and assist with the improvement of HR processes by streamlining and automating HR related activities.
* Support the department in aspects of HR casework. Providing guidance to line Managers, keeping cases on track and meeting timelines, administration preparation and transcribing minutes as directed in line with policy and procedure.
* Provide timely advice on HR issues in relation to absence management, disciplinaries, grievances, case work, performance management and probationary management to ensure compliance with legislation and HR policies and procedures. Ø
* Advise, support and coach managers on the interpretation and application of policies, processes and procedures, ensuring these are applied fairly and consistently
* Recommend appropriate courses of action in line with best practice, policies, employment legislation and relevant regulatory frameworks
* To manage and oversee all aspects of the recruitment and selection process
* To undertake and oversee the on-boarding process for all new starters
* Ensure that all statutory checks and processes are in place for all staff, volunteers and regular visitors
* Source and liaise with training providers
What you'll need to succeed
Strong knowledge and extensive experience of using HR systems (Essential)
Extensive experience of working as an HR professional, ideally within the public sector
Experience of providing employment relations advice, including on absence management, grievances, disciplinaries and other case work (Essential)
Knowledge of relevant HR policies and procedures, including some knowledge of employment law (Essential)
Extensive experience of managing the recruitment and selection process activities (Essential)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with a diverse client group (Essential)
What you'll get in return
A varied role in a fast paced environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.